Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir can't help, they haven't the intelligence between all of them - fact!

Options
  • 17-08-2018 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

This is not really an 'ask eir' it's just a thread that will hopefully help people to steer clear of this shower if they happen upon this thread here or even via google search.

Topic: Eir lost my mobile phone number I've had for years!

My story is, I've been a customer of eir for roughly 5 years, I had one mobile on the bill pay. I had another pay as you go. I decided to put the pay as you go on the bill too - simple right ?

Unfortunately it's not simple for a simpleton. I called eir and told them I was ready to go and just needed my number ported over from the pay as you go to bill pay.
    I knew there was something up when the call lasted for nearly 40 minutes. The girl was trying this and that and told me the number would be ported in a few hours. After about an hour I lost my original number but the other temp number was still active and mine never ported over.

I was told this and that. I was told it would take one day to be resolved, then 48 hours, then a week etc..

It's been a month since they cocked up and nothing has been resolved. I was told different stories about the girl was new, she hadn't got the training, she used a wrong system and all sorts of idiotic excuses.

The latest excuse I got from them is, that their tech support in India, yes India is in control of this now and they can't speak to them, they have to go through email and they are not getting any response from India..so.... ? So nothing anybody can do.

Because of this I was able to extend my cooling off period even though this was a month ago, so I've given my cancellation notice.

Honestly the people that work there are really simple and need to be fired and knowledgeable people with a little, just a little brain power employed. I've spend numerous hours on the phone with simple 'agents' and all types of things happening in the office (background noise) from just general chat between them to singing happy birthday lol, seriously how can these people be expected to provide any decent customer service if they are not on the job ?

As I said at the start of this thread, I don't need any eir 'rep' on this, none of the other clever people all 20 of them from loyalty to customer care to god knows where couldn't do anything to rectify their mistake so the chances of you clever people on here being able to help is practically nil.

If all of the above is too much to read, the bottom line is AVOID EIR at all costs! 

Advertisement