Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dennehy Douglas

Options
  • 17-08-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Thinking of joining this gym as its close to where I live, has good parking, and no contracts only 15 days notice. I'm conscious it could be very busy. I went last Sunday afternoon for a trial and the changing rooms were very quiet but bizarely the gym was very busy....I'm not big into weights so the crowd largely didn't effect me. I would likely be using it after work daily which I finish at 4 so be in gym from 4.30 to 6 so hopefully would miss the bulk of peak period.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

bs2014 wrote: »
    I'm told its full of photogenic spas and they are openly selling s######s over the counter.

I'm sure the first part is true, as most of these gyms are the same.
    The second part is a bit of a silly thing to say tho, i can't imagine it's true and could lead you to whole load of trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Thinking of joining this gym as its close to where I live, has good parking, and no contracts only 15 days notice. I'm conscious it could be very busy. I went last Sunday afternoon for a trial and the changing rooms were very quiet but bizarely the gym was very busy....I'm not big into weights so the crowd largely didn't effect me. I would likely be using it after work daily which I finish at 4 so be in gym from 4.30 to 6 so hopefully would miss the bulk of peak period. Im only new to Cork but from those I talked to, I'm told its full of photogenic spas and they are openly selling steroids over the counter. Not sure this is the type of establishment I want my money going to.
    Are you walking or driving?
    Try Resolution Fitness at Nemo, smaller gym but less numbers too, and the music isn't god awful and blaring like most other places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

I'm told its full of photogenic spas and they are openly selling steroids over the counter. Not sure this is the type of establishment I want my money going to.

Yes to the first part, it’s the biggest posers gym in the city. No to the second part, they definitely don’t sell anything illegal over the counter.

My sister is a member and says that it’s a cheap, functional gym, the instagram demographic don’t bother you if you don’t bother them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's absolutely ZERO chance they're selling steroids as blatantly as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

They're no selling 'roids over the counter anyway and I'm going to amend the OP's post to reflect it.

If they were, I'd be the first person up for a dose. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement