Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook live mail beta

Options
  • 18-08-2018 1:29am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have had a @hotmail.com email address for the last 15 years now and still use it to this day. I logged in yesterday and noticed the Beta opt-in/ out has been removed and the new interface is the only option. Has any one else here that still uses that service had this option removed

This used to be an option:

Screenshot_2.jpg
    This is now part of the new UI that cannot be reverted:

Screenshot_3.jpg

Its going to be a pain to migrate everything over to gmail. its looking like this is permanent now and the only reason I continued to use it was a consistent enough interface. Now that a new UI that I do not like is forced on me I might as well stop using this crap now anyway

I have turned off the unnecessary extras but still don't like it. I notice its even slower on IE and Firefox and its nightly builds which is odd as the new beta is advertised as being a faster experience. there is now a delay in navigating where before there wasn't

Screenshot_4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you just need need to use the address, then you can set up an account on a phone app to send & receive mails in the same way as from a web browser.

The Gmail phone app can be used for any email address that allows third party applications to access an email account.

BTW, still have the "Try the beta" option on mine, logged in through Chrome on Android with Desktop view.

Advertisement