Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomendations for a young male doctor in South Dublin

Options
  • 18-08-2018 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all, I'm new to this site, but was hoping you could help me out. I'm a 20 year old guy, and I'm wanting to visit a GP to discuss something that I'd be most comfortable talking about to a young male doctor. Any and all recommendations will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Hey. South Dublin covers a lot of land, maybe a postcode or town would help people narrow it down

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A doctor is a doctor no need to get embarrassed,they've seen it al

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tom Grimm (very unfortunate name!) in Slievemore in Stillorgan is my GP and i'd recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, I heard the lady in my local practice (Dublin county south) turn away a prospective new patient recently - she told him they were not taking new patients. This could be a knock-on effect of giving free GP care to under 6s.

So you may not have the luxury of being able to choose a practice with a young male GP, even if you can find one.

In my experience, female GPs are better listeners and they take the time to explain your medical situation (diagnosis and cause) to you better than their male colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

There's a young male doctor in Dr Lavelle's surgery in Dalkey - but I'm not sure if he's still there he may have just been covering another Doctor. Sorry can't remember his name but he was very good I thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement