Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ft 3-2

19 from 4 (no hits). Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

km79 wrote: »
    Giroud blows hazard assist
    All over

Hazard should have gone himself.
    Glad he didn't (as a non owner)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Alonso, you beauty.

Sometimes I wake up at night in a cold sweat asking myself why I don't own him.

I'm taking a -4 to get him in, will probably do it tomorrow and set and forget the game for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

12 from 4.

Richarlison with 9 of them. David Luiz, Jota and King all with 1 pointers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wilson has 21 pl goals in 63 appearances with a fair few of them off the bench. That's a decent record for a 6 million striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wilson has 21 pl goals in 63 appearances with a fair few of them off the bench. That's a decent record for a 6 million striker.

I think I owned him for most of the 42
    Will not be in my team
    Just annoyed I didn't get Fraser as I went king

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

On the Spurs/Fulham game...

I've Eriksen. Frustrating. Low down the list of Spurs assets on the last 2 games' showings.

Kane was an imposter of a footballer for 65 minutes. Screwed up a through ball by Eriksen, and barely touched the ball much more. Could conceivably have had 4 goals though. From 65 minutes he was back to normal. Hit the bar. Scuffed one from 8 feet too. Will score buckets again. Teammates looking for him constantly, even when they shouldn't.

Trippier might be number 2 on Spurs assets behind Kane (if we weren't all worried about Aurier). Every attack cams down his side. I don't know if they saw a weakness in Fulham's Bryan, but Trippier had umpteen crosses. He's also on nearly all the set pieces.

Alli isn't great in general play, but continues to have a knack to be in the box with the ball at his feet, which is what you want.

Moura is ok. Still not sold on him long term. Good early season punt working outfor people though.

Davies offered hope. 2 cutbacks to Kane should've been goals.

Spurs are vulnerable at the back. It's just whether teams try. Dier isn't great and offers little protection.

Fulham are decent, and will score goals. Sessegnon and Mitrovic are the best options by far. They look for Sessegnon in attacking areas every chance they can.

Cairney is perfectly priced at 5.0. A great sub option to have. Will pop up with the odd goal and assist.

Kamara will get his share of game time, but I can see him sharing with Schurrle, with Kamara's physicality and work rate being preferred in tougher games.

Don't like them defensively, but may do fine against bottom half teams where they can dominate more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

14 from 5 (-8)

Disaster

WC time

Just seen a photo of Sanchez in training with rest of united squad yday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

37 from 7 if I clear 50 I'll be happy mendy Shaw bilva and Salah to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

29 from 4.... Very happy with that.
    Have taken a punt with mendy as captain so fingers crossed that works out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Alonso, Ricky and Ings. 29 from 3

HEWT to the max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Quick summation of Chelsea/Arsenal...

Alonso and Azpi are as viable as ever for their attacking threat. Particularly Alonso. Luiz is no good though, so keeping a CS against a decent team doesn't look likely any time soon.

Kanté is a real option. Could've scored 2.

Hazard will be superb in this system if he stays.

A confident Morata (Sarri alluded to his lack of confidence this week) could be good. One to watch, but not rush on.

Pedro still doesn't convince me. Though his output so far this season doesn't lie.

Barkley isn't an option really. May as well go Kanté and save the extra money.

Arsenal are still diabolical in defence. Couldn't trust them at the price you'd need to pay.

Aubamayang missed some sitters. Will score buckets though. Is tempting with the good run coming.

Mkhi will frustrate as he flits in and out, but is so good if he finds himself in the right areas, as seen today. A miles better option than Ozil. Also tempting, particularly at that price point. I think he is ahead of Ozil in Emery's pecking order tbh. At least he should be.

If Iwobi was guaranteed starts, I'd have him too.

I'd worry about Laca's gametime. That 3rd goal was almost entirely his doing. Poor pass, and he didn't track back well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Missed all today's action, so just catching up now and will watch motd later. Happy with 26 from 5. Thinking I may have to try and find a way to get Alonso in to my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

SlickRic wrote:
    On the Spurs/Fulham game...

Good summation that I largely agree with.

I though Alli looked good in the first 30mins in particular although perhaps not from an fpl point of view.

A little disappointed with Trippier and Bavies as proper wingback with the 3 CBs playing. Felt Trippier rushed his crosses and was firing in hoping they'd ping in off someone.

Lamela also impressive and could effect Moura's game time as could Son when he returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

29 from 5. Happy with that. Only annoying thing is going with Jota over Sessegnon who I benched. Up to 15k as it stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

West Ham v Bournemouth

Hammers dominated in the first half. Arnie took penalty well but lack of quality behind him showed. Getting Lanzini back should help him. King and Wilson anonymous.

Second half was a different story. West Ham became more and more disjointed. Lack of steel in midfield, Noble and Wilshere partnership doesn't work and record signing Anderson was very underwhelming. Can see them getting a few more hammerings if they don't tighten up.

Superb solo goal from Wilson. King often dropping deep and wide and was ineffective, his frustration summed up by a silly yellow. Cook attacking threat again with a goal and assist. Liked the look of Brooks, young 5 mid showed some nice touches.

West Ham v Bournemouth

Hammers dominated in the first half. Arnie took penalty well but lack of quality behind him showed. Getting Lanzini back should help him. King and Wilson anonymous.

Second half was a different story. West Ham became more and more disjointed. Lack of steel in midfield, Noble and Wilshere partnership doesn't work and record signing Anderson was very underwhelming. Can see them getting a few more hammerings if they don't tighten up.

Superb solo goal from Wilson. King often dropping deep and wide and was ineffective, his frustration summed up by a silly yellow. Cook attacking threat again with a goal and assist. Liked the look of Brooks, young 5 mid showed some nice touches.

Lanzini won’t be back for ages though ?
    If I WC arnie is going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Not sure Ali should have got the assist for Moura’s goal. He got the last touch before it was cleared. I think the rule being that if the ball goes outside the box again then there’s no assist and it’s very close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If I WC arnie is going

You're right, didn't realise he would be out for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Not sure Ali should have got the assist for Moura’s goal. He got the last touch before it was cleared. I think the rule being that if the ball goes outside the box again then there’s no assist and it’s very close.

He didn’t. There was no assist for that goal.

Alli got the assist for Trippiers goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

9 points from 4. Vardy was a tool today. Tosun blank is concerning. Alli assist is good, Pickford got a save point. Hopefully tomorrow will be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Alonso and Trippier have annoyingly high ownership. 24(-4) here from 4. Much lies on triple City tomorrow including Kun(C) and double 'Pool defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If I WC arnie is going

If West Ham line up to their strengths they will be dangerous. Anderson playing on the left (he's much better centrally) while a dangerous winger in Yarmolenko starting on the bench was madness. A simple change of Yarmolenko in for Chico gives them a natural shape with plenty of threat. Hopefully Pellegrini sees that. Arnie was decent in any case and being on pens is a real positive. I've no thoughts of shifting him for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

2 played.
    2pts
    Costa and King.
    Only starting MOTD now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

If I WC arnie is going

I've heard reports this week that he's way on his recovery could be January rather than the whole season. Still ages away but not the whole year like was being reported

Cairney looked better today but was subbed after 72.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

thewools wrote: »
    Hmmmm he get close to scoring or look dangerous ??

I think he had 2 decent chances. Provided an assist for a Goal that was ruled offside but I can’t a replay confirming his Walcott was offside or not.
    Even the commentators stated it was a performance that warranted a goal.
    I’m keeping him for a while anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

33 points from 6. Very happy, Mikhitaryan did the business, very lucky with Mamba's clean sheet thanks to penalty save. Probably very lucky with Mikhitaryan, too.

5 to go including Salah(C), Aguero, TAA, B Silva and Mendy.

Good start of the season so far. Need to get that Alonso guy, though...

• Advertisement

Brooks looked very impressive for Bournemouth

Looks like more of the same from West Ham.......that midfield trio is horrific
    Zabaleta still starting...........
    They would want to improve quick and the fixtures are not kind
    And atmosphere around the club still rotten

Advertisement