Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ings looked good
    Absolutely shambolic defending from Everton for his goal though and I count !yseor very very very lucky to have 3 points from pickford and not a red card
    He followed through
    Any other player does that it's a red

Looking at my team for next week and potential price drops I may be about to !Ake a rash decision..........I was way way too patient last year and was out of touch by gw6\7
    Transfer window already closed and a serous run of fixtures for 4/5 teams coming up.......

No idea how Leicester won that game never mind kept a clean sheet !!!! Wolves looked decent again going forward
    Not so much at the back .........
    Crazy from Vardy and a long time coming . Knew well what he was at. A bit like Pickford actually .........

Cardiff are going down
    That’s all I have to say about that

The ref may join them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

17(-4) with 3 played.

My -4 looking good thus far with Luiz conceding 2 and Sanchez possible not in squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

19 from 4. Josh King on very thin ice in my team now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Down 110K to 193K.

Big couple of days ahead (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

19 from 4. Josh King on very thin ice in my team now.

He's gone from mine today. Just waiting on matches today to make up my mind on his replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

He's gone from mine today. Just waiting on matches today to make up my mind on his replacement

What ya doing with jota?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

KevIRL wrote: »
    What ya doing with jota?

Don't have jota.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

11 from 3 so far.

Jota and King gone after this weekend anyway.

40 down to nearly 3k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

KevIRL wrote: »
    What ya doing with jota?

Cursing my luck that Bernardo Silva went up in price so I can't do Jota and King to Silva and Ings for free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

21 from 4 (Arnie, Richarlison, Cairney, Eriksen).

Had hoped to get an assist from Eriksen because BBC text said that Moura goal came from an Eriksen cross not properly cleared (note, I haven't seen the goal).

Big thing for me this weekend is captaincy. I did it a few times last year too but I went online yesterday morning, changed the captaincy to Aguero and mustn't have pressed confirm because come yesterday evening when I checked its still on Salah.

Could work out but if Aguero runs riot today I will be cursing my own stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Lot of ITK man city twitter accounts saying aguero doesnt start today :O

Lemlin wrote: »
    21 from 4 (Arnie, Richarlison, Cairney, Eriksen).

Had hoped to get an assist from Eriksen because BBC text said that Moura goal came from an Eriksen cross not properly cleared (note, I haven't seen the goal).

Defender cleared the cross but didn’t get much distance on it. Clearly changed the direction of the ball so no assist I’m afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

A very disappointing 13(-4) from 5, Arnie with 8 of those points.
    Eriksen, King and Jota are all on thin ice, don't think I need to wildcard yet though.

Mendy, Bilva, Bailly, Salah(c), Mane, PVA to go.

I could really do with Aguero being benched.

Gary Gurny wrote: »

If that happens Aguero to Aubameyang could be a popular transfer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gary Gurny wrote: »

He'll still get 30 minutes and could do plenty of damage in that 30 minutes. For me, he's still the most explosive player in the game and the history is there to show that.

Benimar wrote: »
    If that happens Aguero to Aubameyang could be a popular transfer!

I was certain of this until I saw Aubam miss an absolute sitter.

Morata goes on hot and cold streaks. He scored so I think this could lead to a hot streak.

I'm aware of my previous posts about him and how toxic he is :pac:

Would free up an extra 2Million for me tho. Giving me 5.5M in the bank!

I was certain of this until I saw Aubam miss an absolute sitter.

Morata goes on hot and cold streaks. He scored so I think this could lead to a hot streak.

I'm aware of my previous posts about him and how toxic he is :pac:

Would free up an extra 2Million for me tho. Giving me 5.5M in the bank!
    Giroud will share gametime
    And just no
    Don’t do it !

2 tough games for auba but he has done enough to convince me if aguero doesn’t start ......

km79 wrote: »
    Giroud will share gametime
    And just no
    Don’t do it !

2 tough games for auba but he has done enough to convince me if aguero doesn’t start ......

I'm just sitting here with Cairney/Aguero transferred out and Morata/Hazard in. Leaving for now, but if Cairney drops that's it ruined :pac:

• Advertisement

Nice start for me with Ricky, Fraser and ings. The first thing I noticed when the game launched this year was ings at 5.5. As soon as he got the move he was straight in my team.

So you’re happy to start Ings and leave him in your 11 every week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

6 from 3 with Sanchez and Aguero doubtful, Hudson-Odi and Quaner, it didn’t take long for things to fall apart.

Only just spotted Cedric got booked too
    Zero pointer
    Switched him to 3rd sub before deadline
    Cairney 2 Pointer is sanxhez does miss out
    Wan B lies in wait after that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So you’re happy to start Ings and leave him in your 11 every week ?

Can't see why not . He is cheap and if he stays fit I'd expect him to get 10+ goals much the same as he did in a struggling Burnley team a few years back.Id have no problem benching him for an extra def if I see fit though also. I see myself going with a full squad of players I'm happy to play for the next few weeks anyway

Can't see why not . He is cheap and if he stays fit I'd expect him to get 10+ goals much the same as he did in a struggling Burnley team a few years back.Id have no problem benching him for an extra def if I see fit though also. I see myself going with a full squad of players I'm happy to play for the next few weeks anyway

I don’t like weekly choices. If I bring him in it’ll be on a WC if Aguero doesn’t start today.

I’ll play him every week but it’ll mean playing 3-4-3 with Westwood on the bench.

So it’ll be Ings, Aubameyang and one other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Having not captained Aguero this week (and so many others having done so) my main nailbiter for starting this weekend is Mahrez. Starting to wonder if Aguero and Mahrez are worth the stress at these prices if they're going to be such doubts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

https://twitter.com/MCFCBaller/status/1031134073463484416?s=19

Jesus and Aguero up top according to this guy. Mahrez dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSF wrote: »
    Having not captained Aguero this week (and so many others having done so) my main nailbiter for starting this weekend is Mahrez. Starting to wonder if Aguero and Mahrez are worth the stress at these prices if they're going to be such doubts.

If Aguero doesn't play it's pointless having him unless there's some reason for it other than simple rotation. I'd have to get rid of him and at some point get cheaper City options who are at risk or Sterling if he proves undroppable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Such a roller-coaster. Never captaining Aguero again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dsmythy wrote: »
    If Aguero doesn't play it's pointless having him unless there's some reason for it other than simple rotation. I'd have to get rid of him and at some point get cheaper City options who are at risk or Sterling if he proves undroppable.

There has never been anything to suggest that Sterling is anything other than one of the first names on the teamsheet along with Ederson, KDB and Fernandinho.

He's never dropped.

Advertisement