Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I am now leaning towards...

Patricio (Hamer)
    Mendy Alonso Robertson Shaw (Wan-B)
    Salah Hazard Mkhi (Neves) (Brooks)
    Aguero Mitrovic (Ings)

Where 1 out of the 'budget' 4 will play each week. I am still a little worried that this is too much money sitting on the bench and I'll inevitably make the wrong choice but I'm about .3m away from being able to downgrade one player and upgrade another to a worthy full time starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FunRun1990

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Do you have to play 4 midfielders? Could maybe fit in Hazard, Fraser, Walcott/Mikey Ryan, 4.4/4.5 fodder

I have Salah, then Mitro, Kun and Zaha so would be playing 4 most weeks probably. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I am now leaning towards...

Patricio (Hamer)
    Mendy Alonso Robertson Shaw (Wan-B)
    Salah Hazard Mkhi (Neves) (Brooks)
    Aguero Mitrovic (Ings)

Where 1 out of the 'budget' 4 will play each week. I am still a little worried that this is too much money sitting on the bench and I'll inevitably make the wrong choice but I'm about .3m away from being able to downgrade one player and upgrade another to a worthy full time starter.

Would a Shaw downgrade not open up a lot of options for your 4th mid spot? Might lead to a lot less selection headaches too.

PARlance wrote: »
    Would a Shaw downgrade not open up a lot of options for your 4th mid spot? Might lead to a lot less selection headaches too.
    Yeah, the Shaw downgrade is my big dilemma that I'm facing. Can do...

Shaw -> Bennett

Then

Neves -> Pereyra

Or

Neves -> Walcott
    Brooks -> 4.5m Mid

I still keep coming back to Shaw as I think United are going to vastly improve and Shaw will be very good value at 5.0. I am also second guessing Walcott as I'm about to discard him from my team for a 0.1m gain.

Have to make up my mind tonight because of Bennetts impending price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DaymanNightman

Just activated my wildcard, any advice appreciated! Players in Bold are the players I've brought in.

Kepa (Hamer)
    Bellerin, Pereira, Wan-B, Mendy (Bennett)
    Salah, Mkhitaryan, Neves, Pereyra, (Gunnarsson)
    Aguero, Kane, (King)

Going with Kepa because Chelsea have some nice upcoming fixtures so expecting some clean sheets. Hamer is the cheapest starting keeper and will likely just be on my bench anyway.

Arsenal have some great upcoming fixtures hence Bellerin. Leicester likewise have some nice fixtures coming up and Pereira seems to be played as more of a right midfielder than a defender in the opening couple of games. Wan-B and Mendy speak for themselves and Bennett is a bench foddler but is starting for Wovles and cheap so could be useful for a bench-boost week.

I wanted Salah, Aguero and Kane in my team so I'm keeping Salah right where he is. Arsenal's fixtures means Mkhi has good potential for points. Got Neves yesterday just before he went up in value so I'm happy with that and Pereyra seems to be one of the in form players. Gunnarsson will be back soon for Cardiff and is only 4.4 so was my only real option I could afford as I have 0 in the bank now.

Heavy up top now with Aguero and Kane and Bournemouth have some nice upcoming fixtures and King is on peno's so I thought he was a good option

Not sure how you could squeeze Kepa into your team but not have Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

S.M.B. I was just about to suggest downgrading Shaw to upgrade your keeper, Neves is fine as a fourth mid.

Upgrade Patricio or Hamer? I don't see much value in keepers above 4.5m. It's just about choosing the best 4.5 option.

I seem overly fond of Shaw at the moment. As mentioned elsewhere I am more tempted to downgrade Robertson to TAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Amazing that everyone to a man has WanB but all have him on the bench, I have been incredibly impressed by both him and Palace's defence as a unit and I think everyne will have him as a starter by the end of October.

I agree and I'm trying to pick a wildcard team that has him starting most weeks as I think in reality he's really a 4.5/5.0 defender with great fixtures and it allows you to improve the team in other areas. The problem for me is finding 4.5 defenders to bench instead of him as there isn't too many good options this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dearg81 wrote: »

I agree and I'm trying to pick a wildcard team that has him starting most weeks as I think in reality he's really a 4.5/5.0 defender with great fixtures and it allows you to improve the team in other areas. The problem for me is finding 4.5 defenders to bench instead of him as there isn't too many good options this season.

Thinking of dropping a 4.5 for a 4.0 and "promoting" Wan. The other guy being 3rd sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

dsmythy wrote: »
    Thinking of dropping a 4.5 for a 4.0 and "promoting" Wan. The other guy being 3rd sub.

Yea I might risk the Wolves lad Bennet but I already have Doherty who I think is a good price at 4.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Dilva and Fraser or mhiki and Moura?

Also zaha over Tosun yeah? Even with no Walcott?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Dilva and Fraser or mhiki and Moura?

Also zaha over Tosun yeah? Even with no Walcott?

For me it's Moura, Mhky and Zaha.
    If you want Everton cover maybe have Walcott for Mhky.
    Tosun hasn't shown much so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Views please

Cech
    Taa, Wan-Bis, Cook, Mendy
    Salah, David Silva, Walcott, Mkhitaryan
    Aguero, Auba

Hamer, Neves, Bennett, Success

Serious lack of Chelsea players. No alonso? No hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mdwexford wrote: »
    Views please

Cech
    Taa, Wan-Bis, Cook, Mendy
    Salah, David Silva, Walcott, Mkhitaryan
    Aguero, Auba

Hamer, Neves, Bennett, Success

I'm not an Arsenal fan but Cech should lose his spot imo. Will Hamer displace Lossl after IB?
    Team looks good. Lacks Chelsea perhaps but we can't have em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Right. Here we go. Settled on this:

Ryan (Button)
    Robbo Mendy Alonso Wan-B (Bennett)
    Salah Pedro Hazard Walcott Dilva
    Aguero (Kamara, Success)

£0.1m i.t.b.

4-5-1 obviously but i see myself moving to 4-4-2 soon. In the short term i really wanted Pedro and Walcott for their next 2 fixtures. Wan-B i'll likely play every week while Palace fixtures run good. Ryan is probably the most safe keeper to go for in terms of defensive prospects, he's nailed and no other budget keeper has as many favourable fixtures between now and gw15/16. Could have gone Hamer for £4.0m but he could easily be dropped so went the easier safe option with Button who is 2nd choice Brighton keeper.

Hazard is just super sexy. Was so good last week and i fancy him to just rip it up under Sarri. On pens. I fancy he'll be in most serious players teams soon. Alonso/Robbo/Mendy picks explain themselves. Salah i just couldn't go without :D Dilva i just like so much and i really feel he'll do well. Aguero, again, no need for explanation. Outfield bench is utter pants. Bennett at least is a starter for now. If he can hold his place he could prove value - decent Wolves fixtures upcoming. However, like i said, i see myself moving to 4-4-2 so that should be one extra outfield starter on my bench if and when that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've settled for this with 0 in the bank.

Begovic/Hennessy
    Alonso, Mendy, Robertson, WanB, Bennett
    Salah, Mane, Mikhtaryan, Pedro, Mendy
    Aguero, Mitrovic, Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A lot of talk of Wildcarding during the international break, tempted to hold mine though till the 2nd one in October. From memory, can we still chase, and benifit from rises and falls in that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Right. Here we go. Settled on this:

Ryan (Button)
    Robbo Mendy Alonso Wan-B (Bennett)
    Salah Pedro Hazard Walcott Dilva
    Aguero (Kamara, Success)

£0.1m i.t.b.

4-5-1 obviously but i see myself moving to 4-4-2 soon. In the short term i really wanted Pedro and Walcott for their next 2 fixtures. Wan-B i'll likely play every week while Palace fixtures run good. Ryan is probably the most safe keeper to go for in terms of defensive prospects, he's nailed and no other budget keeper has as many favourable fixtures between now and gw15/16. Could have gone Hamer for £4.0m but he could easily be dropped so went the easier safe option with Button who is 2nd choice Brighton keeper.

Hazard is just super sexy. Was so good last week and i fancy him to just rip it up under Sarri. On pens. I fancy he'll be in most serious players teams soon. Alonso/Robbo/Mendy picks explain themselves. Salah i just couldn't go without :D Dilva i just like so much and i really feel he'll do well. Aguero, again, no need for explanation. Outfield bench is utter pants. Bennett at least is a starter for now. If he can hold his place he could prove value - decent Wolves fixtures upcoming. However, like i said, i see myself moving to 4-4-2 so that should be one extra outfield starter on my bench if and when that happens.

If aguero is rested any given week you could have no strikers and 10 players
    Rotation of himself and one or 2 more around champ league and you are in big trouble with that bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Siggy and sterling or eriksen and dilva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Siggy and sterling or eriksen and dilva?

Eriksen and Dilva for me. Less chance of rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Arnie and Fraser or Wilson and Pedro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

remoteboy wrote: »
    Arnie and Fraser or Wilson and Pedro?

Arnie and Fraser for the fact that Pedro may be getting rotated soon. Very close though!

Hi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just wildcarded. Trying to get the price rises for tonight etc.

Currently got a team of:

DDG

Mendy/Alonso/Luiz
    Fraser/Mhiky/Bilva/Mane/Hazard
    Jiminez/Aguero

Hamer/Mitrovic/WanB/Bennett

Would be my GW5 team currently. Likely ship Bilva out, but hoping he comes on and scores and I get a rise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Wildcard activated

2 FTs but not sure even a hit will be enough. Will probably see y'all later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Really stupid question, just to double check:

If I'm planning to Wildcard for GW5, is it better to activate it earlier (ie. Now) rather than in 10 days time after internationals etc. What's the benefits of doing so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

MattD wrote: »

If I'm planning to Wildcard for GW5, is it better to activate it earlier (ie. Now) rather than in 10 days time after internationals etc. What's the benefits of doing so?

Pros: Catch players before they rise in price, and if they get injured in between you can just transfer out again. Tinker around between gameweeks

Cons: Can't change your mind and unwildcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MattD wrote: »

Now - try to capitalise on price rises

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thinking of pulling the trigger tonight. Wondering if a) it's worth it given my team, and b) how does the new team look?

Players in bold are the ones that remain from current team.

0 itb

If Aguero is off form, can always switch him for an in from 7m striker and upgrade Kante.

New Team:
    ========
    Ryan Button
    Mendy Robertson Alonso AWB Bednarek/Pielter/3.9m
    Salah Mhiki Richarilson Kante Billing/4.5m
    Kane Aguero Ings

Old Team:
    ========
    Begovic
    Mendy Coleman AWB
    Salah Mane Walcott Mhiki
    Aguero Zaha Morata

Not officially on WC but just did a -8. I'll hit the button on Tuesday after a few more transfers.

Quarner & Peltier out before any drops. Salah out to help towards that drop.

Just wildcarded. Trying to get the price rises for tonight etc.

Currently got a team of:

DDG

Mendy/Alonso/Luiz
    Fraser/Mhiky/Bilva/Mane/Hazard
    Jiminez/Aguero

Hamer/Mitrovic/WanB/Bennett

Would be my GW5 team currently. Likely ship Bilva out, but hoping he comes on and scores and I get a rise

Who you thinking of bringing in for price rises?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Second Bad week in a row, considering a Wildcarding...

Current Line Up
    460115.png

Considering This
    460114.png

Any thoughts

Not officially on WC but just did a -8. I'll hit the button on Tuesday after a few more transfers.

Salah is 42.9 % towards a rise
    Most who sell him will be on WC
    He won’t drop imo

km79 wrote: »
    He won’t drop imo

You seeing that on fplstatitstics? 42.9% indeed, but it shows 3 red arrows?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You seeing that on fplstatitstics? 42.9% indeed, but it shows 3 red arrows?

Yeah he is falling alright but I’ll be suprised if he drops in price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭scotchy

In.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Second Bad week in a row, considering a Wildcarding...

Current Line Up
    460115.png

Considering This
    460114.png

Any thoughts

Mitrovic for Zaha and go bananas with your savings.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    He won’t drop imo

Salah to Mane or Hazard will be popular imo. Hazard especially. Salah falling at 3% / hour on Fix. Think he'll drop once before next GW, just about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Who you thinking of bringing in for price rises?

I brought in Hazard/Luiz/Alonso/Bennett so far

Took out Salah/Peltier/Kabasele/Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

My son wilcarded to below, I'm jealous.

Patricio
    Alonso Mendy Robertson
    Mane Hazard Miki Neves
    Aguero Firminio Ings

Hamer Wan B Bennett Billing

InishGael wrote: »

Patricio
    Alonso Mendy Robertson
    Mane Hazard Miki Neves
    Aguero Firminio Ings

Tell him to get Mitro (say) as Firmino could be cheaper by start of next GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

InishGael wrote: »

Patricio
    Alonso Mendy Robertson
    Mane Hazard Miki Neves
    Aguero Firminio Ings

I have 9 of these on my WC now. Salah is the difference - I'll probably keep him, or short him to make 0.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've popped a -8 too.

98% sure I will convert it into a full blown wildcard before the end of the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Evening all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pettier to Bennett
    Zaha to Mitrovic

Already on -4. 60% sure I’ll be converting to WC as I have Walcott, Arnie, Bilva, Daniels who I also want shot off. Salah & Mane owner aswell so tempted to move Salah on for

Boly
    Sterling
    Pedro
    Fraser
    Kane
    (mitrovic back out to Jimenez)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Pettier to Bennett
    Zaha to Mitrovic

Already on -4. 60% sure I’ll be converting to WC as I have Walcott, Arnie, Bilva, Daniels who I also want shot off. Salah & Mane owner aswell so tempted to move Salah on for

Boly
    Sterling
    Pedro
    Fraser
    Kane
    (mitrovic back out to Jimenez)

I've done it.. Salah out for 4 weeks - Hazard in for 2 weeks, then Kane for 2 weeks - then back to Salah.

Taking a bit of a risk that I'll be able to avoid bandwagons and injuries/suspensions but think there is a lot of upside and I needed to act to get Pickford, Peltier, Smith, Walcott, King out and to get Mitrovic and Alonso in.
    What I've got at the moment is:

Patricio

Alonso Mendy Robertson

Hazard Mane Silva Mhkitaryan

Aguero Mitrovic Zaha

Subs: Hamer, Bennett, Wan-Bissaka, Stephens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I've done it.. Salah out for 4 weeks - Hazard in for 2 weeks, then Kane for 2 weeks - then back to Salah.

Taking a bit of a risk that I'll be able to avoid bandwagons and injuries/suspensions but think there is a lot of upside and I needed to act to get Pickford, Peltier, Smith, Walcott, King out and to get Mitrovic and Alonso in.
    What I've got at the moment is:

Patricio

Alonso Mendy Robertson

Hazard Mane Silva Mhkitaryan

Aguero Mitrovic Zaha

Subs: Hamer, Bennett, Wan-Bissaka, Stephens

I like that team and I know will come back to Salah before Christmas. This is why I’m contemplating a WC hold but I think I’ll move now as I’ve lot deadwood I don’t now want.

I want Sterling ... Silva will become Sterling by Zaha to Ings & Jimenez and 1mil elsewhere.

Robertson will be out like Salah & it will be Trippier or Davies

Advertisement