Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Does anyone care to estimate when the 3 range might be due a price drop in anticipation for the 4 release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Q Beta 5 is available now.

Much, much smoother than 4 so far. Few minor dark mode changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

irishbuzz wrote: »
    Does anyone care to estimate when the 3 range might be due a price drop in anticipation for the 4 release?

They are all currently onsale now, including the brand new 3a

https://store.google.com/category/phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

irishbuzz wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Thank you for the heads up.

I had pretty much decided that I was going to go for the Pixel 3 but now seeing that both it and the XL are reduced to the exact same price gives me some pause for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Anyone with a pixel 3 or 3 XL on Vodafone tell me what the APN setting are in their phone?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Beta 6 is out today, main thing is nightsight in the swipe menu on the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

1jcdub wrote: »
    Anyone with a pixel 3 or 3 XL on Vodafone tell me what the APN setting are in their phone?
    Thanks

let me know where to get it and I'll give it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Just checked and Android 10 is available when I checked for an update.

Just a heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Think I'll wait for all the other eejits to download it first and make sure it doesn't brick my phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Updated it there.

Dark theme is very nice!!! The change to the gestures will take a little getting used to, seems to be very smooth though so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My Pixel 3 and my old Pixel 1 both updated here. Can't say I'm a fan of dark mode or the new gestures so have disabled both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Really not sure what to make of this update

1. I'm not really sure Dark Mode has made any difference to battery life
    2. While the new Android Auto seemed initially slick pre update, the hang up sounds, while ending a call seem a little cheap/tacky if that makes sense
    3. The top notification bar seems v busy
    4. The gestures also seem overly busy so were quickly turned off
    5. The privacy permissions are good but could see it becoming annoying if I have to continually allow/deny permissions- others will find this a god send
    6. Some apps have not yet updated but still are functioning which is a positive

Anyone else found anything positive/fun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My problem with the gestures is mainly with the left or right swipe. I have a case with a lip around the screen and it's a bit difficult getting your finger close enough to the edge to trigger it. A lot of times you end up swiping in the app instead, accidentally deleting mails in Gmail say, or replying to WhatsApp messages. It works pretty well as with the phone out of the case though.

Can't say I've noticed anything that makes me say wow, I really missed not having that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I really really miss the ability to slide along the pill on the bottom to very quickly go back and forth through the recent apps list, as opposed to now where it can only be done one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kobe

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I really really miss the ability to slide along the pill on the bottom to very quickly go back and forth through the recent apps list, as opposed to now where it can only be done one at a time.

You can change it back in the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Kobe wrote: »
    You can change it back in the settings.

That just changes the button layout. It does not restore the "swipe and hold to slide between all recent apps in one stroke" feature that was available in v9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi All,

Just to let you know I'm selling my pixel and my wife's on adverts including stands.

Unfortunately two cracked screens but in perfect working order apart from that.

https://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/unlocked-google-pixel-3/18872763

https://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/unlocked-google-pixel-3/18872786

// Gary

Anyone have an issue with rapid/fast charging?

Pixel 3 will no longer charge with the fast charger, I've tried two (0fficial) fast chargers and it will only charge with the regular charger (official)

Any ideas?
    No debris in port-regular chargers work fine...

Contacted Google and they said they will send out another rapid/fast charger

• Advertisement

Anyone able to download the covid tracker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Yup, working fine on my Pixel 3 XL

Battery drain anyone with latest update?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

youngblood wrote: »
    Battery drain anyone with latest update?

Just installed the latest security update and I've a full battery I'll keep you posted how I get on... Anything in particular causing the drain on your device showing up in the settings?

Play services, android, screen, tune IN Radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

youngblood wrote: »
    Play services, android, screen, tune IN Radio

Read on Reddit that TuneIn is a problem (possibly post Play Services update).

Anyway, I got the Play Services update over the weekend and noticed on Sunday my phone very warm and draining battery. I uninstalled TuneIn and its been fine again since. On a Pixel 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I had to zap tune in off my phone, drained my battery in hours the other day, I'm on a P4XL, ever since, no issues...

henke wrote: »
    Read on Reddit that TuneIn is a problem (possibly post Play Services update).

Anyway, I got the Play Services update over the weekend and noticed on Sunday my phone very warm and draining battery. I uninstalled TuneIn and its been fine again since. On a Pixel 3.

That seems to have done the trick, thanks a million!

Advertisement