Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was none at the Vodafone store in Wilton in cork city yesterday anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

notcarlos wrote: »
    Demo units are on display now in the UK. Is there any in Vodafone stores here in Ireland?

I think I spotted in Vodafone dundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

Was none at the Vodafone store in Wilton in cork city yesterday anyway

That’s the vodafone store nearest me! Sucks then. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

That’s the vodafone store nearest me! Sucks then. Haha.

Could always have gotten them in today! :P :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Been using one two weeks now and find it grand despite all the #gates going around at the moment. I alsoa rake of cases on the way and reviewed some already vids on the tube.

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Been using one two weeks now and find it grand despite all the #gates going around at the moment. I alsoa rake of cases on the way and reviewed some already vids on the tube.

Yeah no issues here either with my 3xl. Easily best Android experience I've had and I've had quite a few. Nexus, htc 8, 10, one plus 5, 5t, Huawei p20 pro. Hoping I can keep this for at least a year. Jimy what case and screen protector so you recommend? I've Google fabric case and for Xtreme guard plastic protector fitted yesterday in becool in Jervis. I'd like a tempered glass but the ultimate shield i got destroyed touch sensitivity. Pity as the p20 pro version was full adhesive and perfect fit.

Going to pick up the charge stand for Xmas .

Cheers,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I've the stand coming too but God knows when it will. Same goes for the mnml case that's apparently coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

No place in limerick had them. Tried Three,Eir and Vodafone in the city and the Cresent SC and nope

Shn99 wrote: »
    No place in limerick had them. Tried Three,Eir and Vodafone in the city and the Cresent SC and nope

I think Vodafone are the only ones doing them anyway.

Yeah no issues here either with my 3xl. Easily best Android experience I've had and I've had quite a few. Nexus, htc 8, 10, one plus 5, 5t, Huawei p20 pro. Hoping I can keep this for at least a year. Jimy what case and screen protector so you recommend? I've Google fabric case and for Xtreme guard plastic protector fitted yesterday in becool in Jervis. I'd like a tempered glass but the ultimate shield i got destroyed touch sensitivity. Pity as the p20 pro version was full adhesive and perfect fit.

Going to pick up the charge stand for Xmas .

Cheers,
    Mick

I have the stand too and it charges really fast i am impressed. Currently I have gear 4 SPeck and two fabric cases all good I have these reviewed on you tube too, Gear 4 and Speck are good but i have several other known case brands sending me over some more cases this week.I tend to avoid screen protectors once I have a case with a decent lip aorund the top.

• Advertisement

I have the stand too and it charges really fast i am impressed. Currently I have gear 4 SPeck and two fabric cases all good I have these reviewed on you tube too, Gear 4 and Speck are good but i have several other known case brands sending me over some more cases this week.I tend to avoid screen protectors once I have a case with a decent lip aorund the top.

What's your YouTube channel?

What's your YouTube channel?

Should get me here https://youtu.be/oNQojcm8CmU

Have you reviewed the actual phone?

Patww79 wrote: »
    Have you reviewed the actual phone?

Rounding that up over this weekend actually, I dont review phone in a week or just days you need to use it fully load it up with apps images etc etc to get a good oversight of how performance is over a real usage period. I never buy into reviews either after one or two days which we see too often

Rounding that up over this weekend actually, I dont review phone in a week or just days you need to use it fully load it up with apps images etc etc to get a good oversight of how performance is over a real usage period. I never buy into reviews either after one or two days which we see too often

Interested in your opinion on the ram management. Doesn't seem to be affecting my use of the phone but a lot of people complaining about it

Interested in your opinion on the ram management. Doesn't seem to be affecting my use of the phone but a lot of people complaining about it

Once I heard people say it's like the Pixel 2 then I wasn't worried about it any more as I've been running P for ages on the 2 and never found it an issue. If the 3 is the same then happy days, even if it does fail some lap tests.

I have had no issues this seems to be sporadic and is down to optimisation which can be managed and ones choice off apps being rescource hogs really.. Typically I have around 20 apps on my phone and many of them idle. one thing i have oddly encountered is the auto rotate either not working or lagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ghostswimmer

For those that have it, is there a lip on the fabric case that would protect screen when face down? I can’t make out on photos.

Thanks

If they're like one ones for the Pixel 2 then there's a fairly substantial lip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Google have taken the money for my 3xl

• Advertisement

For those that have it, is there a lip on the fabric case that would protect screen when face down? I can’t make out on photos.

Thanks

Its very slight if there is. From looking there now id say no. Maybe the corners are ever so slightly raised

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ghostswimmer

Thanks folks.

Moving to android for first time in nearly 8 years and wanted to keep as minimal as possible. The Apple covers have a small lip that protects screen from contact with surface and hoped the Google fabric covers did same. Saw Bellroy ones which seem to have bigger lip but just don’t seem as nice as a fabric one on my upcoming black 3XL.

I bought one of these as I can't seem to find any info for my mnml order.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVT5FV4/

No Pixel 3 displays on Vodafone stores yet, at least here in Wilton Cork.

None in the Crescent either.

None in the Crescent either.

I have pre ordered mine. Eager to see changes tomorrow to tracking

I have pre ordered mine. Eager to see changes tomorrow to tracking

I'd say you'll be lucky. Haven't they all been pushed back a couple of weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I'd say you'll be lucky. Haven't they all been pushed back a couple of weeks?

My case & pixel stand are due 30-31 October from the Google Store, but given today is the 30th and it hasn't shipped yet, I don't hold much hope for that accuracy!

My actual handset (Pixel 3) was pre-ordered from Vodafone, so lord knows when that'll turn up

My case & pixel stand are due 30-31 October from the Google Store, but given today is the 30th and it hasn't shipped yet, I don't hold much hope for that accuracy!

My actual handset (Pixel 3) was pre-ordered from Vodafone, so lord knows when that'll turn up

I'm not sure, but you'd have to imagine Google will ship before any of the Vodafone ones do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭theintern

I'm not sure, but you'd have to imagine Google will ship before any of the Vodafone ones do.

On twitter they've said they'll ship on the 31st, but we'll see about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

I had a delivery window from 30th Oct-1st Nov it's now saying it's been delayed.

Has anyone in this thread received there 3xl or stand yet that has pre ordered from the Irish Google store?

Just looking on the Google store now at pre orders and it's showing a ship date of Nov 5th.
    JKGT wrote: »
    I had a delivery window from 30th Oct-1st Nov it's now saying it's been delayed.

Has anyone in this thread received there 3xl or stand yet that has pre ordered from the Irish Google store?

Just looking on the Google store now at pre orders and it's showing a ship date of Nov 5th.

I'm Vodafone so expecting it around mid November but I've the stand ordered from Google and haven't a single update at all. Still showing delivery 2-5 Nov.

That date is sounding more realistic as initially my pre orders were dated around 5th Nov but they brought the dates forward for some strange reason.
    I'm Vodafone so expecting it around mid November but I've the stand ordered from Google and haven't a single update at all. Still showing delivery 2-5 Nov.

Ugh I have upcoming trip. I need it before November 5. Vodafone rep said it will be shipped by 31st. We will see tomorrow. I already have a case and screen protector, 19 eur on amazon

• Advertisement

My pixel 3xl still says delivery between the 2nd and 6th of November and its never changed from that. Google took the money a few days ago, if it's not going to be delivered during that time it would be nice to have an update from them.

Have they actually taken your payment or is it just payment pending? Mines been on hold or payment pending the past few days. I think they ping your account to make sure the funds are there.
    Nolimits wrote: »
    My pixel 3xl still says delivery between the 2nd and 6th of November and its never changed from that. Google took the money a few days ago, if it's not going to be delivered during that time it would be nice to have an update from them.

Have they actually taken your payment or is it just payment pending? Mines been on hold or payment pending the past few days. I think they ping your account to make sure the funds are there.

You're right it's just pending, I just noticed it had gone from my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

The hold on my card has been lifted, which is weird. Google Store now says "Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way."

i wonder if they sold more in the US than anticipated and delaying the European release? Is there any site which outlines sales of different phones? id be curious to see how many pixels are sold version galaxies or huaweis?

• Advertisement

i wonder if they sold more in the US than anticipated and delaying the European release? Is there any site which outlines sales of different phones? id be curious to see how many pixels are sold version galaxies or huaweis?

I wouldn't expect that to be a problem, they would usually be slightly tweeked models as the US uses different bands for the likes of 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kobe

I chatted with "Google Store Expert" about my order, got no new information really. He says a few orders are delayed due to high demand and other factors. He told me to wait till the end of today or till 2nd of November.

Nolimits wrote: »

I wouldn't expect that to be a problem, they would usually be slightly tweeked models as the US uses different bands for the likes of 4g.
    Same hardware worldwide I think..my US bought one works fine for LTE etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Same hardware worldwide I think..my US bought one works fine for LTE etc

Unlikely, it's more likely a case that your device supports some GSM band that your provider uses but not all of them.

Kobe wrote: »
    I chatted with "Google Store Expert" about my order, got no new information really. He says a few orders are delayed due to high demand and other factors. He told me to wait till the end of today or till 2nd of November.

I couldn't see there being that high a demand, it's expensive and was widely panned.

Yeah I got the same crap from them yesterday no matter what Google always seem to feck up the pre orders for a lot of people. I also had a case ordered since the 13th of Oct and I got a delayed notice for that as well, so when I rang up yesterday they told me "that was cancelled" em wtf no notice or emails nothing from them.
    Kobe wrote: »

Yeah I got the same crap from them yesterday no matter what Google always seem to feck up the pre orders for a lot of people. I also had a case ordered since the 13th of Oct and I got a delayed notice for that as well, so when I rang up yesterday they told me "that was cancelled" em wtf no notice or emails nothing from them.

They cancelled an order the Mrs made for a case for my Pixel 2 that she's getting when I get my 3XL (for "suspicious activity") and haven't replied to any correspondence since.

Yeah it's not actually a good enough response from them is it? I'm hammering them now with emails complaining like a c**t lol
    They cancelled an order the Mrs made for a case for my Pixel 2 that she's getting when I get my 3XL (for "suspicious activity") and haven't replied to any correspondence since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Reading a few posts on Reddit and there are delays in North America too so not confined to Europe.

They still saying it will be delivered tomorrow. Lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement