Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House over valued .

Options
  • 18-08-2018 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Is there any way around the dreaded daft.ie red arrow if a price of a house has to be lowered due to an initially stupidly high valuation ? If auctioneers were changed does that make any difference? If the house has been removed from sale for a few months and then a new estate agent? What if the house were to sell privately without the services of any estate agent? Any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You can still list it on myhome.ie and other websites .Buyand sell, etc
    Say someone is looking for a house in louth , they may just google house for sale louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’ve seen houses disappear from Daft and the reappear as an entirely new listing (e.g. different ID, URL). That should get around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

dudara wrote: »
    I’ve seen houses disappear from Daft and the reappear as an entirely new listing (e.g. different ID, URL). That should get around it.

Hi thanks for the advice, the house has been removed from daft and will be relisted in a few weeks, do you think it would be a good idea to change estate agents in order to get the new ID URL ? Is that necessary would you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Why does it matter jsut out of interest. I never pay any attention to the arrows on daft really

• Did you sign any written agreement with your current estate agent?

You can change estate agents as often as you like, but you might end up owing them all a selling fee depending on what you have formally agreed with them.

Check the small print.

• Advertisement

Why does it matter jsut out of interest. I never pay any attention to the arrows on daft really

I think that buyers may believe something is wrong with the property, the problem is the original price was too much and even though it could fetch the money originally asked for, it should have being from a lower starting base not the other way around. I still think near the asking could be achieved but not when it's top end to begin with, hence why it was removed . Now it would be good to advertise it at a realistic price and hopefully interest in it would drive the price up .

Did you sign any written agreement with your current estate agent?

You can change estate agents as often as you like, but you might end up owing them all a selling fee depending on what you have formally agreed with them.

Check the small print.

See that I'm not privy to but they do have a no sale no fee in their advertising , as you say though it is the small print, I would still like to know if changing estate agent means we could have a totally new ID and listing if anybody is aware?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

youtube! wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the advice, the house has been removed from daft and will be relisted in a few weeks, do you think it would be a good idea to change estate agents in order to get the new ID URL ? Is that necessary would you say?

A complete new listing will have a new URL. You don’t need to do anything about it.

• youtube! wrote: »
    See that I'm not privy to but they do have a no sale no fee in their advertising , as you say though it is the small print, I would still like to know if changing estate agent means we could have a totally new ID and listing if anybody is aware?

I dont know about the ID thing. But should that really matter? Its a lot about timing too when you sell a property. You could be waiting a year to sell and then the right buyer pops up.

But I do believe strongly that some Estate Agents are better than others. I had a property on the market for a year and changed auctioners who had a buyer for it within 4 weeks. Coincidence? Possibly, BUT the right buyer came along.

Did you go with an EA for the no win no fee? ie: are there EA's with better reputations and larger fees?

How long is it on the market? I'd check the small print and ask your current EA what the termintation agreement is. You might have an advertising fee to pay, as well as a get-out-clause, ie: you still pay them a fee if you change EA.

But check with them first.

I dont know about the ID thing. But should that really matter? Its a lot about timing too when you sell a property. You could be waiting a year to sell and then the right buyer pops up.

But I do believe strongly that some Estate Agents are better than others. I had a property on the market for a year and changed auctioners who had a buyer for it within 4 weeks. Coincidence? Possibly, BUT the right buyer came along.

Did you go with an EA for the no win no fee? ie: are there EA's with better reputations and larger fees?

How long is it on the market? I'd check the small print and ask your current EA what the termintation agreement is. You might have an advertising fee to pay, as well as a get-out-clause, ie: you still pay them a fee if you change EA.

But check with them first.

All great advice many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pachanco

Is there any way around the dreaded daft.ie red arrow if a price of a house has to be lowered due to an initially stupidly high valuation ? If auctioneers were changed does that make any difference? If the house has been removed from sale for a few months and then a new estate agent? What if the house were to sell privately without the services of any estate agent? Any advice would be welcome.

I know someone who placed an advert privately on daft to sell their house. They put it up for one price and then changed their mind and increased the asking price by another €10k or something. So they had a green arrow instead of the red arrow.

I was advising them to get this removed. They just contacted daft by email and the arrow was removed along with any indication that the price had increased. Not sure if an exception was made for them because they were a private seller and not an estate agent.

This happened a couple of years ago now at this stage. Not sure what dafts official policy is on these matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

See that I'm not privy to but they do have a no sale no fee in their advertising , as you say though it is the small print
    The problem is that if you ever sell it, they may call, asking for their cut.

Advertisement