Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I agree.

Last season I believe he went 10 weeks or so of just getting 1s and 2s. Chelsea have decent fixtures coming up but I expect Newcastle to score next week so I believe he's heavily reliant on attacking returns.

Am I wrong or does an Italian manager not generally lead to clean sheets with the defensive Italian approach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Couldn't settle on a team pre-season. Changed it numerous times. Now thinking I can improve it dramatically with about 5 subtle changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Taken Alonso and Wilson in with my two fts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have gone Eriksen to Fraser and Cedric to Alonso with my two FTs. Leaves me looking like this for next weekend:

Foster
    Shaw, Mendy, Robertson, Alonso
    Salah, Fraser, Richarlison
    Firmino, Arnie, Aguero
    Subs: Speroni, Cairney, Gunarasson, wan Bisakka

2 mil banked.

I'm not sure if its worth Cairney to Pedro or Mikhi for a 4 point hit.
    Pedro went up last night so may have delayed too much already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

King out, Ings in. decent run of fixtures and he looks sharper than I gave him credit for last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lemlin wrote: »
    Have gone Eriksen to Fraser and Cedric to Alonso with my two FTs. Leaves me looking like this for next weekend:

Foster
    Shaw, Mendy, Robertson, Alonso
    Salah, Fraser, Richarlison
    Firmino, Arnie, Aguero
    Subs: Speroni, Cairney, Gunarasson, wan Bisakka

2 mil banked.

I'm not sure if its worth Cairney to Pedro or Mikhi for a 4 point hit.
    Pedro went up last night so may have delayed too much already.

I think Pedro is some of the best value in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    King out, Ings in. decent run of fixtures and he looks sharper than I gave him credit for last week.

Was going to do this very transfer but have 5 players who didn't play this weekend so cutting dead wood is now my priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Hoping that people keep selling Lacazette so I can get him in even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Mokuba wrote: »

Unlucky not to get an assist for the third on Saturday. Fpl are clueless on the assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

He hasn't started the past 2 games, :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

He hasn't started the past 2 games, :confused::confused:

His ownership is not high I would imagine with his difficult opening fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Likewise, I'm eyeing him up for Firmino after week 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lemlin wrote:
    Foster Shaw, Mendy, Robertson, Alonso Salah, Fraser, Richarlison Firmino, Arnie, Aguero Subs: Speroni, Cairney, Gunarasson, wan Bisakka

That is an excellent team.

Westham are muck though. Would you not downgrade Arnie and get Pedro or Moura or similar.

Also, with 2m itb you should consider a premium Gk?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Need to move Sane on but for who? At the moment he is expensive bench fodder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Need to move Sane on but for who? At the moment he is expensive bench fodder....

Pedro imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I went with my 2 FT’s - King to Ings and Alexis to Mkihitaryan.

Leaves me looking like so:

Foster
    Mendy Robertson Cedric
    Salah Mkihitaryan Richarlison Fraser
    Aguero Firmino Ings

Subs: Hamer, Wan-Bissaka, Peltier, Gunnarsson

£4.5m in the bank so Kane is firmly on my radar and it gives me a nice bit of breathing space to improve the depth or hop on any bandwagons.

I don’t mind if Cedric drops, I’m happy to keep him. He was a wonder save from Pickford away from an assist at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What are people's thoughts on Mhiki and Morata in for Eriksen and King?

Mhiki should keep his place given his form. Then I have 9m for a striker and struggling to chose a reliable option. Already have Aguero and Zaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Mhiki and Morata in for Eriksen and King?

Mhiki should keep his place given his form. Then I have 9m for a striker and struggling to chose a reliable option. Already have Aguero and Zaha.

I like it considering Chelsea/Arsenal fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Sane owners - assume many are getting rid. Who are you going for ? Already have Mane /Mhiki so looking like DSilva or Ali, leaning towards DSilva but don’t want another rotation headache, surely he is bulletproof though for a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lemlin wrote: »
    Am I wrong or does an Italian manager not generally lead to clean sheets with the defensive Italian approach?

Sarri is famous for his high press. Basically not allowing the opposition any time on the ball to play it around the back. An extremely "aggressive & attacking" defensive tactic. He plays 4-3-3, Alonso offers width in that and has been bombing forward. He's a season keeper for me anyway.

• Advertisement

rekluse wrote: »
    Sane owners - assume many are getting rid. Who are you going for ? Already have Mane /Mhiki so looking like DSilva or Ali, leaning towards DSilva but don’t want another rotation headache, surely he is bulletproof though for a while?

I have Aguero and couldn't bear the thoughts of 2 roatation headaches every week. Was going to buy DSilva but think now it will have to be Alli or Mikhi for me.

Oops just saw you have Mikhi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

eagle eye wrote: »
    Jota my first drop. I couldn't get rid because I'm expecting Kennedy to get a ban and I use my ft to get rid of him

What did Kenedy do? And if he gets banned how does the Chelsea game next week count (seeing as he's on loan from them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What did Kenedy do? And if he gets banned how does the Chelsea game next week count (seeing as he's on loan from them)

Lashed out and kicked a Cardiff player. Should get a suspension. He was all round ****e too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »

That’s an interesting one
    Seen as he is ineligible for it you would assume it would be 3 games on top of that

One of those may be a league cup game though if Newcastle are in the round at end of September which I think they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ended up doing Cedric and Sane to Mendy and Pedro for -4. Obviously I'd have liked to wait but it was good to catch the rises and avoid my first fall of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FT....

Still in shock after Croke Park yesterday so haven't paid too much attention to FPL.

Thinking of this:

Lacazette to Ings
    Peltier to Alonso with 1.3m left ITB.

That would leave me with 1 x unwanted Kenedy so could take a hit to bring in someone else for 6.3m or else let him chill out on the bench for a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Considering Mahrez and Mata out for Mane and Fraser for a 4 point hit. Anyone think of a better use of those funds or think my hit is unnecessary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

AdMMM wrote: »
    Tosun -> Ings and will re-evaluate how Alonso is shooting up in price during the week and line up Bertrand to him if it looks like he'll rise.
    Ended up doing both last night to beat the price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

CSF wrote: »
    Considering Mahrez and Mata out for Mane and Fraser for a 4 point hit. Anyone think of a better use of those funds or think my hit is unnecessary?

I would say that is worth a hit. Mahrez has been a huge disappointment. Mane and fraser are both good picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Watching MOTD here and Ings is definitely on the watchlist. Could be a great enabler for the year

Advertisement