Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Twomileborris

Options
  • 19-08-2018 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Looking for directions please from Dublin to Twomileborris, have to get there and back tomorrow. Google maps is taking me on the N7 but the roadworks there will really slow me down. GM offers the M4, M7 and M8 as an alternative but it's avery roundabout way. Does anyone know of an alternative, quick route please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

You may face the N7, then the M7 and onto the M8 junction 5 off the M8 then. I'm from the area, easiest way to make the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Suck up the m7, it's bad but could be worse.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Suck up the m7, it's bad but could be worse.

That's the answer, all detours will add at least 30 mins while the road works on the M7 won't add anywhere near that to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks a million folks. Heading off now so hopefully I'll be ahead of the posse on the M7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

jos28 wrote: »
    Thanks a million folks. Heading off now so hopefully I'll be ahead of the posse on the M7.
    Keep in mind match traffic if heading back to Dublin before lunch.
    Also try to stick to the 60km speed limit on roadworks...it’s very hard to do especially when most other drivers flying by at 100kph .. two speed checks on that section yesterday evening, one bike and a traffic jeep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I usually go M4 to straffan, behind naas and new bridge to Allen and the curragh and monasterevin.Takes 90 minutes from the city centre via the tunnel on a Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks everyone,
    I was on the N7 early doors so got there in 1 hour 30 mins and stuck to the 60 kph between J8 and 11. Not easy to do at all. Had a coffee to wait for the match traffic to pass. Thanks again for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

That length of time for the journey is spot on Jos.

Advertisement