Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city centre broadband of 12mb

Options
  • 19-08-2018 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Just checked my address in your broadband speed check. Speeds up to 12mb? I live 5 minutes from Stephens Green. How can this be?

For a comparison check I ran a speed check with my current provider Virgin Media and they are delivering 97mb right now. Also what is the actual download limit that you offer please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Just checked my address in your broadband speed check. Speeds up to 12mb? I live 5 minutes from Stephens Green. How can this be?

For a comparison check I ran a speed check with my current provider Virgin Media and they are delivering 97mb right now. Also what is the actual download limit that you offer please ?
    Hi Bits_n_Bobs, 

The speed can vary on different factors but this could be to do with your distance from the exchange. It's also worth noting that lines are laid not as the crow flies and may take different routes from the cabinet or exchange before reaching your house. Our sales team on 1800 503 303 will be able to give you an accurate speed test result and explore all options available to you. 

The download allowance is unlimited, you can view all the packages here

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I entered my address on tge speed check form on your website. Is it not accurate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I entered my address on tge speed check form on your website. Is it not accurate?
    This would be accurate however the sales team will test the physical line in your house so may give a slightly different result. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

This would be accurate however the sales team will test the physical line in your house so may give a slightly different result. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I'm in an apartment, not a house so do you think the physical line test will be higher than 12mb? They might of run a high speed line as part of your fastest broadband offering (12mb) to my apartment at some stage in the past perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to advise of this from here as there are various different factors mentioned by Tracey above that would influence the speeds.

If you contact our sales team on 1800 503 303 they can run some tests and advise you furthert.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement