Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert- trail camera.€44.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Cheers! Great price that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Is this just a basic model.

Weren't any in my local lidl this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

They actually look alright for the money. I bought one and going to stick it on one of my deer permissions right now to see what the pictures are like. They do look decent enough though, so far. Also the Naas store, Sallins and newbridge are all empty in case anyone is about that way and looking for them. If they're not in the isles with all the offers in them they'll be up beside the first till, each store only seemed to get two or three I'd say. Thanks for the heads up OP.
    Mallards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Chiparus

None in Rathmines, Dublin :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 J s682

Got one in the artane store they weren't out had to ask a staff member an they got one from the stock room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I got a Swann 5mp trail cam in Maplin a few years ago if your looking for one it's good 3 shot bursts and colour DVD date stamp etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Spend a little extra and get something worthwhile from China. Have used these for 4 deer seasons in all Irish weathers.They work very well for their money.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/hc-300m-trail-hunting-camera-photo-trap-mms/252702478.html#s2-4-1b;searl|2379531339

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Spend a little extra and get something worthwhile from China. Have used these for 4 deer seasons in all Irish weathers.They work very well for their money.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/hc-300m-trail-hunting-camera-photo-trap-mms/252702478.html#s2-4-1b;searl|2379531339

Looks good that - need something reliable to access our predator control work on the Curlew project I'm involved in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Showing as $122 for me, that’s a lot extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Pictures look clear enough and I was pleased to see that the sensitivity setting works well as it was a windy day and I didn't want a load of pictures of moving bushes, which didn't happen. No deer last night but a different visitor which needs sorted out!
    DSCF0021_zpsfbizvgc2.jpg
    DSCF0022_zpswcrvxqd9.jpg

vicwatson wrote: »
    Showing as $122 for me, that’s a lot extra

Search the site, there are cheaper, and that bundle you are looking at includes the solar charger. Which you will need eventually as both SMS and non SMS are battery hogs, so investing in rechargeables is also a good idea.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ju_Ju

Got a HC300m from wish for €59 earlier this year. Would definitely recommend them.

Very easy to set up. Every time the camera is triggered, my buddy and I get an email through to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mickmac1

Ju_Ju wrote: »
    Got a HC300m from wish for €59 earlier this year. Would definitely recommend them.

Very easy to set up. Every time the camera is triggered, my buddy and I get an email through to the phone.

Just got the same camera but having difficulty setting up. I presume I require a SIM card ??

mickmac1 wrote: »
    Just got the same camera but having difficulty setting up. I presume I require a SIM card ??

You need a SIM card and the software for your model. I used these:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KT1vG5lq4qdQTvstBTBLmrH4trm-gdJi

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DzlvjtE5XR1vaA2OBFFc7uZi2PcF2yuH

Usually there is a micro CS included with the start up software?So you can programme the thing from your computer.BTW they should be Meteor SIM compatible straight off.

Ju_Ju wrote: »

Have you used it in video mode? What about battery life? I need a new one, and will mostly be using it in video mode.

Eddie B wrote: »

Have you used it in video mode? What about battery life? I need a new one, and will mostly be using it in video mode.

I also have a HC300a (same camera without the SMTP / MMS) that I've used in video mode. Works perfect.

Regarding battery life, the first time I set it up I placed it in front of a branch that kept moving in the wind. It took and sent approx. 400 pictures over two days before it died! I've had it setup in it's current place since early August and it's still going.

Advertisement