Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esker area

• 19-08-2018 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi all

My partner and I are considering buying our first home in the Esker area of Lucan. We have taken a brief walk through the area and it does seem very nice.

I’m concerned however about the reports I’ve read on boards about the nearby Ballyowen / Foxborough areas - are the Esker estates in a similar category?

Another major concern is accessibility - we haven’t spent much time in the area but it does seem like an area where a car would be a necessity. Right now we have no car and it would probably be many many months after moving in that we would have one (and that would be one between two of us). We are very used to living in an area with everything walkable from the doorstep so this could be a big adjustment? Would those of you who know the area agree?

The houses just seem bigger and nicer than similar ones in more ideal locations within our budget so I’d be very grateful for thoughts on these estates specifically. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sizzlers

There are various bits of Esker in Lucan, quite widely spread out. There is Esker Parish which is covers loads of estates Hillcrest, Woodview, Arthur Griffith then there are the estates which have Esker in the name but are not all necessarily in Esker parish, Esker Woods, Esker Lawns, Esker Lane. If you can be a bit more specific I can offer some advice. I don't think you need a car to live in most places in Lucan, there are plenty of bus stops and a shop or something within walking distance, again if you're more specific with the address I can tell you what is nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

We live in Esker Manor and have been there since 2015. Love the area, its right beside the park which is a great resource and they are building a swimming pool across the road sometime in the next year I believe. Only down the road from supervalu and lidl also.

There is a bus stop right outside the estate that goes all the way into town. You will find you are never far from a bus stop really in Lucan. It would be handy to have a car to get around Lucan though, as there are various shops in the area that would be hard to get to.

Foxbourgh and Ballyown are a good 20 minutes walk away really, you do hear the odd incident over that side but it certainly doesn't affect us where we are.

Advertisement