Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandit 600 first insurance

Options
  • 19-08-2018 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Just looking to see if anyone has any info I recently got my learner license and was wondering if anyone has any info on getting insured on a bandit or hornet 600 don’t want to buy a 250 as I think it’s a waste of money I’ll just want to change up in a couple of months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

You're right a 600 is the best choice for starting out and the 2 bikes you suggest are both good options and are relatively cheap to insure for a beginner.

Have you got your license and done the ibt yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coryg

zubair wrote: »
    You're right a 600 is the best choice for starting out and the 2 bikes you suggest are both good options and are relatively cheap to insure for a beginner.

Have you got your license and done the ibt yet?

I’m currently doing my ibt the reason for asking is I’m only 20 so was wondering if they would still insure me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

how close to 21 are you.. they are very awkward about anyone under 21 from my experience but the day I turned 21 they would insure me on sv650/ bandit 600/ bandit 650 / etc. Not hornet 600 though, or fazer 600. or honda f4i.

my first year on the 2003 sv650s was 481 euro. Lots of lads getting rode for their first year 900+ euro. Just say no way and keep ringing back and trying other places

how close to 21 are you.. they are very awkward about anyone under 21 from my experience but the day I turned 21 they would insure me on sv650/ bandit 600/ bandit 650 / etc. Not hornet 600 though, or fazer 600. or honda f4i.

my first year on the 2003 sv650s was 481 euro. Lots of lads getting rode for their first year 900+ euro. Just say no way and keep ringing back and trying other places

I’m 21 in December I don’t mind paying 900 plus my reason for getting a bike is because it’s much cheaper than a car my insurance on a car is 5500 so no way am I paying that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

no point paying 900 if they are just chancing their arm asking for it is what I'm saying

• Advertisement

no point paying 900 if they are just chancing their arm asking for it is what I'm saying

Oh I get what ya mean I’ll be sure to ring around thanks

Advertisement