Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Sensor wiring

Options
  • 19-08-2018 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Trying to replace sensors damaged after having new windows installed. I haven't been able to get the same sensors to replace like for like. Can anyone tell me which way to wire the new one (skinny version). The original had blue, red and black wires in that order from the top down. Trying to post a pic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭shane6977

Here are the photos

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to replace with a point ID sensor and wire like for like
    Red +
    Black -
    Blue Data

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

shane6977 wrote: »
    Trying to replace sensors damaged after having new windows installed. I haven't been able to get the same sensors to replace like for like. Can anyone tell me which way to wire the new one (skinny version). The original had blue, red and black wires in that order from the top down. Trying to post a pic.

You would have a few choices.
    Replace with I'd sensors.
    Please note that doing this you need engineer access as these sensors need to be ided onto the system.
    You will also need engineer access to remove the old devices that you are removing.
    Configure the zone for non end of line or if using resistors. Then just use the wire available to wire in the sensors on an available zone.
    Alternatively you could just use one I'd sensor and wire the sensors out of the I'd sensor using alarm and tamper terminals.

Advertisement