Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thank god for facebook

• 19-08-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I was about to ask this cute Brazilian waitress out, but I've just discovered on F B she's married

I had the Portuguese phrases learnt off by heart and all. .what a Prat I would have looked.

Phew!

So did you have any times facebook
    came to your rescue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I deleted my Facebook years ago, before it was even made. That's how cool I am. I also don't own a television, am vegan and I'm atheist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Omackeral wrote: »
    I deleted my Facebook years ago, before it was even made. That's how cool I am. I also don't own a television, am vegan and I'm atheist.

Yeah, but have you read Ulysses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

You have to also hate U2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Thank God for Facebook or as my friend once said, 'the grapevine gossip mill made flesh'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The last time she updated her Facebook page could have been 2011.
    She's probably long divorced and up for it now OP!
    Go forward and ask her out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

frosty123 wrote: »
    I was about to ask this cute Brazilian waitress out, but I've just discovered on F B she's married

I had the Portuguese phrases learnt off by heart and all. .what a Prat I would have looked.

Phew!

came to your rescue?

Just because she's married doesn't mean that she wouldn't go out with you. Never heard of affairs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Del2005 wrote: »
    Just because she's married doesn't mean that she wouldn't go out with you. Never heard of affairs?

They could become Eskimo Brothers. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

FFred wrote: »
    You have to also hate U2.

And wear sandals...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Phew!

came to your rescue?
    So much for deniability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Maybe her husband is one of the Brazillians who works in the meat factory and is useful with a cleaver

• Advertisement

I’m in fits of laughter here and just had to share why

A lady has just shared a post about a girl who has been missing from Ibiza for 9 days. Have a guess who the missing person is (and the date of the original post)?

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

FB got me out of a tricky situation when i discovered that a girl i was dating had two kids from a previous relationship, we were dating for two weeks and she never told me...didn't like it she hid that from me one bit, and ended it soon after i discovered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Facebook reminds me of people's birthdays so that's handy enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I joined Facebook a few months ago and deleted it again 3 weeks ago, such a waste of time and battery power.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

I hate Facebook and U2 but I eat meat. I must be a lunatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Same here except I typed this reply on an old style ribbon typewriter.

I hate Facebook and U2 but I eat meat. I must be a lunatic.

Do you wear sandals though?

A lady has just shared a post about a girl who has been missing from Ibiza for 9 days. Have a guess who the missing person is (and the date of the original post)?

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

gozunda wrote: »
    Do you wear sandals though?
    Nope.

Nope.

That explains it then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

gozunda wrote: »
    Who?

I'm going to guess it's someone who went for an extended holiday courtesy of the Peruvian taxpayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Telegram, well la de da. I sent this message with Bridget in the post office who used morse code to sent it to boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

By the process of deduction I can deduce it's not me - after that I'm lost here

Snotty wrote: »
    Telegram, well la de da. I sent this message with Bridget in the post office who used morse code to sent it to boards.

Jeez talking about fancy! I used young fella on a pony to drop it off to the local train station and by steam train to the big smoke - from where it was brought by runner to the boards office!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I actually thought up the idea of Facebook back in 2002, but I decided not to invent it because the idea of it just wasn't cool.

Michaela McCollum lol

I just stared at the post then burst out laughing lol

Michaela McCollum lol

I just stared at the post then burst out laughing lol

So is this a new missing post or is it an original reposted?

The original from August 2013

sugarman wrote: »
    It helps find out scammers with 7 kids trying to get a free gaf

It's the first port of call for every investigative journalist and nosey neighbour when someones ends up in trouble or dead. You life and bad photos can be sure to be immortalised for ever after ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

nthclare wrote: »
    I joined Facebook a few months ago and deleted it again 3 weeks ago, such a waste of time and battery power.....

funny you should say that because...
    Dumb phone' sales on the rise as smartphone users hope to switch off

link

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

whiskeyman wrote: »

no such luck:( she's bang up to date

Advertisement