Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally unlimited?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Dcully wrote: »
    Still nothing from eir despite sending them a pm with my details as requested last friday,,,, seems im definitely moving to another provider after more than 10 years with eir.
    It's made quite clear to be fair:

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]"Our unlimited broadband really is unlimited. No usage caps and the best speeds available."[/font]
    That's for new users only. Existing user get charged for going over 1 TB. We have been told that we can just ring 1901 and request to be moved to the new totally unlimited package. We were assured support has been briefed on this but surprise surprise anyone who has rang so far has been told it's not possible to get unlimited download if you are already a customer. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

The crazy thing about this is that one TB limit is crazy in a house with xbox and ps4 plus Netflix 4k family of 5 using it? .
    Have they really got rid of limits?

Yes, most won't go over.
    But the are are those that use the BB for entertainment, and it is easy to hit. Believe it or not. How much are people charged when they go over per gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I guess Eir are losing a lot of customers to Sky. I was an Eir customer since 2006, I got charged €60 in excess usage charges last year and moved to Sky, Eir showed no loyalty so why should I, I’m actually saving money being a Sky customer. The crazy thing is, the excess bandwidth I used cost Eir pennies but they charged me €60. My combined packages cost me €1800 a year. Great way to lose a loyal customer over a few GBs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It's made quite clear to be fair:

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]"Our unlimited broadband really is unlimited. No usage caps and the best speeds available."[/font]

You obviously have not being reading this thread. You just swoop in and make a totally off the mark comment...go you !

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

deco nate wrote: »
    The crazy thing about this is that one TB limit is crazy in a house with xbox and ps4 plus Netflix 4k family of 5 using it? .
    Have they really  got rid of limits?

Yes, most won't go over.
    But the are are those that use the BB for entertainment, and it is easy to hit. Believe it or not. How much are people charged when they go over per gig?
    usage in excess of 1TB will be charged at €2.50 (inc. VAT) for every 10 GB up to maximum of €100 (inc. VAT) per month

• Advertisement
Advertisement