Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hangover cures

• 19-08-2018 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I'm voting for egg mayo sandwiches and Dominos pizza. And anything chocolate.

What's yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Mr Freeze's. They are the only thing that helps me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Time

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Ice cream, milkshakes, ice cold cans of coke, crisps, anything from the chipper. No point eating anything healthy, it's a waste of time. A good ****e will have you feeling better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Can of coke and chicken fillet roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I usually find coconut water helpful. Settles the tum a bit and the sugar gives you a bit of a lift. I wouldn't call it a "cure" though just a help - it gets me off the floor and allows me to shamble about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Vodka.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

prevention is better than any cure for this ,,,no idea why folk do this to themselves ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Graces7 wrote: »
    prevention is better than any cure for this ,,,no idea why folk do this to themselves ..

Ah ya havnt lived unless ya had a 4 day hangover or as I call them hang arounds haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Graces7 wrote: »

Drink water e ery so often on a night also helps prevent against hangovers.

Certain drinks are worse then others for it also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

sex

always does it for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Bag of Tayto, bottle of lucozade, and bate a chicken fillet roll into you so hard you barely taste it, all as early as possible. Then two pints of water and back to bed til midday.

If you're going back on it then the only answer is two pints of cider.

_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stay drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Sleep. Dioralyte sachets for dehydration. If you're at the vomiting regularly stage nothing will help. Best to try and not get into a state in the first place! Drinking water after every drink really does prevent most hangovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

A good pony does the trick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Vomit into a frying pan and add some eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Pint of water mixed with Fizzy Good Make Feel Nice. All sorted.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Just drink Pints of Rockshore

Never get hangovers on it, then again might aswel be drinking water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Pint of water mixed with Fizzy Good Make Feel Nice. All sorted.

Woke+up+in+a+bit+of+a+hangover_3a9454_5368338.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

A hard Day's work is the only cure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

There are none. Well, time is the cure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GowlBagJohnson

A good Tom Hank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,860 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A whopper meal with ice cream, if that don't solve it 2 drinks of whatever was the last drink you had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Hangovers can be minimised massively by drinking non alcoholic drinks in between your alcoholic drinks. Eat something/anything before you go to bed and have something ready to heat up straight away when you wake up. Have a dioralyte or two with your food in the morning with some orange juice for the sugar and vitamin C.
    I genuinely find that doing the above helps me 'get away' with a hangover far more easily. Even though it's basically just keeping yourself topped up with food and hydrated. Time does the rest.

There's also hair of the dog and prescription and illegal drugs that can help. But I wouldn't know anything about them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

A spliff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Dioralyte, pints of orange mi wadi, fry up (no beans).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Egg sandwiches while suffering a hangover! The noxious gases you'll be emitting tomorrow will be weapons grade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Crisp sandwich and a cup of tea sorts me out mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

7up or a fizzy drink. I use to drink water because I thought that's what you need but it always made me feel ten times worse. I only noticed that until I stopped and drank something fizzy instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭sporina

a dioralyte sachet and lots of water... and if you don't have a dioralyte - then half t spoon of salt and sugar mixed with 200 ml of water

helps me regain some kind of sanity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Loads of water and 2x tylex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Ibuprofen. A shower. Scrambled eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Eat healthy - Fruit and maybe some vegetable soup. Stay away from crap food after a night out.

If you feel up to it, sweet out the hangover with a run or some exercise bike work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Eat healthy - Fruit and maybe some vegetable soup. Stay away from crap food after a night out.

If you feel up to it, sweet out the hangover with a run or some exercise bike work

If you've a poker that far up your hole you wouldn't have the hangover in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

No trips to the chipper on the way home from the pub in fact no food at all before you go to bed is a good way to shorten a hangover.

Water over the evening and before bed and when you get up. Problem solved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

A big dirty greasy fry with butter slapped on batch bread. Absolute freezing can of diet coke. I don't like normal coke but I'm sure that can work. Loads of endless crap on TV and feeling awful sorry for myself until the Chinese open and I get a spicebag to finish off the awful sorry day I've had for myself. Then day 2, my stomach then hates me but....worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Went for a 5 mile walk and picked up a big dirty caramel Frappuccino in Starbucks. The sugar kick has sorted me right out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Slerp, time, 2 pints and a couple of wxxxs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I always find that if I've sobered up before going to bed that the hangovers are not as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Dioralyte, energy drinks, something salty and fatty, two painkillers, as much sleep as you can manage and ice lols (preferably orange calippos).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The worst ones are when you wake up still pissed and you think everything will be fine

Water & Time I find are the only cures for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭hairyslug

As much fresh air, light exercise and water as possible, clears the head right up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I don’t get hangovers!

(I fcukin hate people that say this. Lies. Anyone who drinks enough gets hangovers. End.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

High quality Peruvian cocaine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

If I drink Thursday, Friday and Saturday then.
    The worst part of a hangover for me is not sleeping Sunday night. I just toss and turn all night the I'm tired in work on Monday.

I find valerian root extract is pretty good before bed. I would love if kava kava was safe/legal in Ireland I'd say it's the ultimate hangover cure.

Over easy eggs, lots of water, a suggary drink.
    A short walk early in the day ( if you can)
    No caffeine. A movie/tv. Takeaway is nice but the calories are bad if you drink often.

Finally: a belief that you are going to be ok. All is not lost, yes you probably did make a complete tit or yourself but Jesus still loves you and so will dogs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭sporina

and something to help sweat out the toxins - i know that one does not feel they have the energy for this but I find that if i do something seriously aerobic after a night out that i feel better after it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Pint of water with a bit if salt b4 u go 2 bed,works pretty good,unless u r puking in which case just stay under the duvet:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

Lamb Vindaloo

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Zaytoon Mixed Done kebab no salad extra sauce. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Hot chicken role, cold can of coke and a day in front of the telly. I used to rely on a bottle of Lucozade Orange or two but that's just shíte now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement