Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmurrin cove

• 19-08-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Tried to go there today using the maps on my phone. Ended up in Bunmahon. Phone said I was at my destination. When I reset it, it said the cove was 8 minutes away but wouldn’t direct me. Can anyone help me out with directions? I was coming from Kilmeaden direction. We did see a sign for Kilmurrin on the way home but no mention of the cove. Is that the road we should have went?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

From Bunmahon you needed to head east along the coast road, you will pass Tankardstown (the mining ruins). Continue along the coast road which will bear left down a steepish hill, then sharp right and Kilmurrin is there on your right - there is a parking area and a sign saying Kilmurrin Cove.

The road actually goes round the edge of the cove, you do not have to go down any more roads to get to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

looksee wrote: »
    From Bunmahon you needed to head east along the coast road, you will pass Tankardstown (the mining ruins). Continue along the coast road which will bear left down a steepish hill, then sharp right and Kilmurrin is there on your right - there is a parking area and a sign saying Kilmurrin Cove.

The road actually goes round the edge of the cove, you do not have to go down any more roads to get to it.

Exactly, coast road from Bonmahon to Anestown/Fenor. Kilmurrin Cove is about 5km from Bonmahon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Bear with me here OP, I'm just trying to see if I can post a link to the osi.ie map site geohive, the old site used to be much easier.

I don't like the way they use bitly links but they seem to work OK http://bit.ly/2LmMty9 .

Once you open the link to the mapping page you can move around it and change the overlays to get different information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

my3cents wrote: »
    Bear with me here OP, I'm just trying to see if I can post a link to the osi.ie map site geohive, the old site used to be much easier.

I don't like the way they use bitly links but they seem to work OK http://bit.ly/2LmMty9 .

Once you open the link to the mapping page you can move around it and change the overlays to get different information.

That’s brilliant. Thank you very much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I really like the geohive maps, loads of information and excellent definition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

looksee wrote: »
    I really like the geohive maps, loads of information and excellent definition.

I just liked the old way the osi maps worked online where you could just copy and paste the URL which included the latitude and longitude.

Some of the old info is less than accurate. Discovered a flood plain next to our house from an 1890 (?) survey only a flood plain on a side of a hill would be a bit of a rarity :)

Still I can waste hours looking around the neighborhood to see whats changed over the years.

Advertisement