Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congrats to all the gowls and beours

• 19-08-2018 5:34pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Unreal

Comments

You alright? (In the the head)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You alright? (In the the head)

Yurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Was a good ending alright. Very close.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Was a good ending alright. Very close.

When they were 8 points up it looked like it was going to be just a procession until the final whistle, great finish instead

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

The last 20 minutes were terrific, almost made me forget about the 60 minutes of ****e before it. Well done Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There won't be a house robbed in Limerick for a fortnight...

There wont be a tube of glue left on the shelves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

We did it woooooooooooo:D Fair play to all the lads it was a fantastic game:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Or a child stabbed for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It was very emotional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I watched the last 30 minutes (that is 20 in real time and the 10 in extra time). Best game evah from my point of view.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I went into it as a neutral not caring either way who won and at the end I was shaking and had tears in my eyes.

The magic of sport, I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

30 odd men beating a little ball around a field with sticks for an hour and bit, yes very emotional.

[yawn]

:cool: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I thought gowls and boeurs was a Cork thing, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I thought gowls and boeurs was a Cork thing, no?

Beours is Cork
    Gowl is Limerick and Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

jaxxx wrote: »
    30 odd men beating a little ball around a field with sticks for an hour and bit, yes very emotional.

[yawn]

Back to candy crush, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

School will be back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

[yawn]

Edgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

jaxxx wrote:

You are missing out Jaxx. Yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

[yawn]

Go back to your game of bridge with your blue rinse brigade pals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

You are missing out Jaxx. Yawn

It's a defence mechanism

[yawn]

get out
    300_0___20_0_0_0_0_0_0_1.jpg

:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

jacksie66 wrote: »
    You've to go to Dublin for that..

Why do you stab them in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Yurt

Mongolian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Why do you stab them in Dublin?

More hospitals

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

[yawn]

Yeah and what about music, people pressing strings against wood and shouting a bit, and films, people pretending to be someone else for a few hours.

There are things that I find strange too, but I find it easier to ignore it and let them at it if it makes them happy, rather than be all sneery towards them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Yeah and what about music, people pressing strings against wood and shouting a bit, and films, people pretending to be someone else for a few hours.

There are things that I find strange too, but I find it easier to ignore it and let them at it if it makes them happy, rather than be all sneery towards them.

And going to the films, a load of men sitting around looking at films! And rollercoasters, a load of men in a rollercoaster going up and down on a big metal track! And sailing, a load of men in a big boat floating around in the sea! And shouting, a load of men going around shouting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

With a minute of normal time to go (and before the 8 minutes was announced) I said "Ah shure, Galway only need 3 goals!". Fair play...they got two of them.

Even though I'm from neither county, I was up for Limerick. An uncle of mine who died 2 years ago lived in Limerick, but before going there, he played inter-county hurling for a non-hurling county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Galway looked tired. A replay against Kilkenny and Clare was too much for them. You couldn’t begrudge Limerick though. A great hurling county. The game is in good shape. Just need the rest of the counties to give up that football fiasco and embrace hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

ah dammit. i thought this was a halloween thread, just the OP couldnt spell ghouls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Ah jaysus peoples I was only having a joke! :( You sure know how to upset a fella! [sniffle]

I've never played Bridge, or Candy Crush. Much prefer sitting outside and watching the little birds feeding from the bird feeders :) Could watch them for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Galway looked tired. A replay against Kilkenny and Clare was too much for them. You couldn’t begrudge Limerick though. A great hurling county. The game is in good shape. Just need the rest of the counties to give up that football fiasco and embrace hurling.

Been an incredible championship of hurling, maybe best ever whereas the football aside from the Roscommon and Armagh 4th round qualifier, Kildare beating Mayo, last 10 minutes of Tyrone and Dublin in super 8's and the achievement of Monaghan has been pretty awful let's be honest.

Couple that with the fact GAA got rid of the spring under 21 championship which had produced some of the best football of the last decade replacing it with a summer under 20 tournament where any players that play senior championship cannot play under 20 thus robbing the under 20 of some of the best players.

Advertisement