Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy parts - contact, 4 core wire etc

Options
  • 19-08-2018 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been answered before but a search did not find anything.

Where can I buy parts for an alarm system, Dublin or online?

I have an old system I'm trying to recommission and I need magnet contacts and 4 core wire, plus a backup battery, and maybe some shock sensors.

Re the shock sensors, currently they are wired into the N/C loop and go into a separate analyser board, and each end of the loop is terminated by a 470 ohm resistor (giving a loop resistance of c240 ohms). Any ideas of that that setup is?

Control panel is Scantronic 9200 from 1986, shock board has no markings that Google can find, Thinking of replacing all the shock sensors for something modern, would it be wired the same way?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sorry if this has been answered before but a search did not find anything.

Where can I buy parts for an alarm system, Dublin or online?

I have an old system I'm trying to recommission and I need magnet contacts and 4 core wire, plus a backup battery, and maybe some shock sensors.

Re the shock sensors, currently they are wired into the N/C loop and go into a separate analyser board, and each end of the loop is terminated by a 470 ohm resistor (giving a loop resistance of c240 ohms). Any ideas of that that setup is?

Control panel is Scantronic 9200 from 1986, shock board has no markings that Google can find, Thinking of replacing all the shock sensors for something modern, would it be wired the same way?

Could be the board that is used on the system. There are loads of different types.

Most wholesalers would sort you with contacts for that system .

Advertisement