Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanning with no mess!

Options
  • 19-08-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi ladies,

Looking for some recommendations on fake tans. I've tried many tans and currently use Bondi Sands light-medium tan and find it great. I apply in the evenings and the next morning am a natural tan colour. I apply a second night if I want a darker shade.
    However, I am sick of ruining my sheets with tan! I've tried a few different brands but always seem to wake up with transfer.
    Can anyone recommend a fake tan/gradual tanner that won't break the bank and won't have me changing sheets twice a week? Do the gradual moisturisers work? Will be moving in with my other half next month and would like for him to not see this mess so any advice appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Have you tried the Bondi Sands liquid gold? There's almost no colour on that so doesn't ruin sheets at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't tried it, have you? The reviews online don't look great but I'm just looking for something to take away the pasty look so I may give it a shot :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't tried it, have you? The reviews online don't look great but I'm just looking for something to take away the pasty look so I may give it a shot :)

Reviews on Boots are decent

https://www.boots.ie/bondi-sands-self-tan-oil-liquid-gold-150ml-10210771

I've been using it for about a year, it's more of a medium then dark but great for smell and staining. I spray onto a mitt rather than directly onto my skin.

Cheaper here :
    https://www.beautybay.com/bathandbody/bondisands/liquidgoldselftanningoil/

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Ah, I use makeupalley as a source for reviews but perhaps it was outdated. Sounds promising so! Will pick up a bottle this week, thanks so much for the rec :)

Ah, I use makeupalley as a source for reviews but perhaps it was outdated. Sounds promising so! Will pick up a bottle this week, thanks so much for the rec :)

The Isle of Paradise stuff is meant to be great too and has no colour, I've never used it though so can't personally recommend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I've been using Isle of Paradise for a few weeks. It's quick and easy to apply and dries in fairly quickly too. Doesn't seem to come off on sheets/clothes either. I've been using the Medium colour which just gives me a natural looking glow and evens out my skin tone. (I have a yellow-y undertone.) They have a light and a dark too, depending on what you want.

Advertisement