Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2018/2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Artane2002 wrote: »
    The southerly wind is dragging muck up to the south coast. The warm air going over the cool sea will create lots of cloud and fog. The same is happening in the south coast of England.

And Arklow which juts out just enough to make a southerly fetch murk all the way from Bilbao
    Foggy all day today
    Currently just 9c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Foggy the entire drive back to the city, never saw that before usually it's very local. On the roads that went up it got very dense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Wales has beaten its all-time Feb high this afternoon.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A non-descript day in Dublin.

YbXZfLc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's a manky day in Cork. Bloody fog will be fun walking the dog later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 M50Jct15

Nice day in Dublin albeit it not as sunny and warm as yesterday. High today 12C v 15C at my location yesterday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feeling cool all day , was sun this morning, but mostly dull and slightly foggy conditions all afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Has turned into a wet evening here in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Dawn to dusk thick fog in Cobh. Awful show.

Enjoy tomorrow ,esp those in the west

Tomorrow, Monday, will be dry with good spells of sunshine after a misty and foggy start. Maximum temperatures between 12 and 16 degrees, even up to 17 degrees in parts of the west. On east and south coasts it will be a bit cooler due to onshore southeast winds or lingering fog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Some really dense fog patches driving through Louth and Monaghan earlier, unusual to see in the middle of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Some really dense fog patches driving through Louth and Monaghan earlier, unusual to see in the middle of the day

The fog never lifted where I am in Louth all day. I thought it was really cold, heating was on and fire lit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Foul day in the southeast, mizzel through the morning then dull in the afternoon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Valentia reporting 15c at 0600....madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Valentia reporting 15c at 0600....madness!

The Dublin area was by far the coldest overnight, with Casement and Dublin Airport both reporting a minimum of 2.5 °C. Currently Casement is 2.6 while the airport is 9.1!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

The Dublin area was by far the coldest overnight, with Casement and Dublin Airport both reporting a minimum of 2.5 °C. Currently Casement is 2.6 while the airport is 9.1!

Which is unusual because I’m usually the same as Casement. It’s 8c here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

6° Meath. Feels a degree or more chillier. Birds happily chirping. Sunrise beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Currently (and has been for over an hour) bang on 5c in North kildare.

Nice summers morning here in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Same here Oscar. Very summery look and feel. Reminds me of the late May/early June weather last year. The inevitable return to the dripping dank, medicore chill of late winter/early spring is going to be all the harder to take after a morning like this.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

11.2c in Sligo (no 11.3c now) but its 14c in Finner.

Surely a 17c in Val or Belmullet

But beware... these warm spells are always followed by much cooler conditions

March will prob end up colder than February

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

pauldry wrote: »
    But beware... these warm spells are always followed by much cooler conditions

March will prob end up colder than February

Indeed.

I love this weather, but I would prefer this in late March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Indeed.

I love this weather, but I would prefer this in late March/April.

So would I but I will very gratefully take it right now....which I very much am doing so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 11 degrees, humid and cloudy in cork city again. Hopefully the sun breaks through today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

16c in Derry at 1050am
    15c in Donegal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful warm and sunny morning here at Dunshaughlin. This would be similar to the mornings we had last May when the easterly breezes were keeping the east around the temperatures we have right now. It's very hard to believe this is February.

I am not sure we'll see any wintry conditions in March, but it will probably feel like a cold month compared to February, even if temperatures stay around average for the entire month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    beautiful warm and sunny morning here at Dunshaughlin. This would be similar to the mornings we had last May when the easterly breezes were keeping the east around the temperatures we have right now. It's very hard to believe this is February.

I am not sure we'll see any wintry conditions in March, but it will probably feel like a cold month compared to February, even if temperatures stay around average for the entire month.

Yeah im over near mornington today and its grand and warm, lovely day so far

Wednesday looks to be the last day of the extremely mild/warm conditions. From Thursday the 'yellow' temperature colors over Ireland get replaced by greens and sometimes blues, particularly from next weekend with much more unsettled conditions. Really make the most of the next 3 days, we may not see conditions like this again for some time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

All time UK Feb (and winter) high just got smashed. 20.3C and probably still rising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Edging towards 15 degrees in Castlebar, bright but no break in the cloud.

Advertisement