Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2018/2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Breathtaking morning in Dublin with clear conditions as far as the eye can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

sryanbruen wrote: »

Sunrise was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Cold and frosty too, I was gonna use the word breathtaking myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Its max temp record for February has been shattered again today with a max of 16.5c!

Just quickly looking at the stats, all of Claremorris' previous Feb high maxim occurred in different years, which shows how extraordinary this spell of weather is in that it broke its previous highest max not once, but twice in the same month, with the most recent figure coming in at over 2.0c above the previous one (14.4c) which in itself was unprecedented in the records (highest before this year was 13.8c)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Met Eireann weather chart for this day last year:

8y87cV5.png

Russian attack imminent.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Cold and frosty too, I was gonna use the word breathtaking myself :)

https://twitter.com/snowbiewx/status/1100315586159144961?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

16c already in Valentia

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

pauldry wrote: »
    16c already in Valentia

17c now. (Record is 16.8c in February, could be broken today, perhaps it's already broken, we don't know as the 17°c is rounded)

Even 18.1c could be threatened from 139 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

JCX BXC wrote: »
    17c now. (Record is 16.8c in February, could be broken today, perhaps it's already broken, we don't know as the 17°c is rounded)

The actual figure at 11 am was 16.6.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

UK Met Office predicting that yesterday's record could be broken in the London region today, possibly reaching 21C.

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1100354829476683781

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Amazing day in Galway, and it's still technically morning! 10 times better than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Hazy conditions in cork, sky is blue but hazy. Warm in the sun but cold in the shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

From met.The air temperature reached 17.3C yesterday afternoon at our station in Mount Dillon, Co Roscommon. The temperature dropped overnight to a chilly 0.5C shortly before dawn this morning.

Valentia 17.2 at 12 pm, dewpoint -0.4. Must be a Föhn effect from the mountains to the south. Grand drying out.

Finner just 8.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Another degree and Valentia beats the 127 year 18.1c record!

Valentia's back down to 15.4 at 1 pm, dewpoint 1.7. Wind has backed slightly to 130 from 170 degrees earlier.

Pheonix Park at 16c though so another shot at beating yesterday

Next week looks like punishment for this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unfortunately we ain't going to do it, unless the Phoenix Park climbs by just over 2C in the next hour.

pauldry wrote: »
    Pheonix Park at 16c though so another shot at beating yesterday

Next week looks like punishment for this

now that I've had a taste of June/summer weather, I am really dreading the muck and cold that's on the way to us. We may not see another day like today till at least May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Gonzo wrote: »

unfortunately we ain't going to do it, unless the Phoenix Park climbs by just over 2C in the next hour.

Good. There is enough warm records being broken around the planet as it is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Large fire in the Dublin Mountains, near Kippure. Smoke is beginning to envelop parts of the south city. Chance of "smoke" reports this afternoon at Casement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Large amounts of smoke visible in the sky here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

There's an ice cream vendor on the street in Limerick.

Beautiful sunshine.

Feels like 16c or 17c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I had to defrost the car this morning near Rathdrum in Wicklow, and now it's 14 degrees. Incredible stuff.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

highdef wrote: »
    Large fire in the Dublin Mountains, near Kippure. Smoke is beginning to envelop parts of the south city. Chance of "smoke" reports this afternoon at Casement

Can see that to the west of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

I had to defrost the car this morning near Rathdrum in Wicklow, and now it's 14 degrees. Incredible stuff.

Not really, that can happen in May or late September. And much more pronounced. 0C to 21 or 22C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Yesterdays record in the UK has been beaten today. 20.8c in Wales - This temp could still go higher. High was 20.6c yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Billcarson wrote: »
    Good. There is enough warm records being broken around the planet as it is anyway.

Records are only a new thing...these so called "records" will be broken in many places around the world even year after year...100 years + of records is nothing these records being broken all the time prove nothing...the whole "climate change" thing is a joke...the climate has always been changing...its when the climate stops changing then we have a problem...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hooter23 wrote:
    Records are only a new thing...these so called "records" will be broken in many places around the world even year after year...100 years + of records is nothing these records being broken all the time prove nothing...the whole "climate change" thing is a joke...the climate has always been changing...its when the climate stops changing then we have a problem...

I didn't know Danny Healy Ray was on Boards?!

Advertisement