If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new tv

Options
  • 20-08-2018 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Need advice on buying a new TV. What's the best the that I can on a 650 euros budget? Needs to be able to support smart IPTV app. 49 inches to 55 range.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Shelly0 wrote: »
    Need advice on buying a new TV. What's the best the that I can on a 650 euros budget? Needs to be able to support smart IPTV app. 49 inches to 55 range.
    Hi Shelly0.

Thanks for the post.

I have checked over the manufacturers we have on display and at the moment it seems to be only LG or Samsung that still have this type of app.
    They have one called Smart IPTV.

However I have read that these apps are going to be banned very shortly so they will most likely disappear from all brands.

The Samsung 49NU7100 priced at 659 euro will currently have this.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203365-401501.aspx

LG 49UK6400 priced at 599 Euro also currently has this app.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203303-402226.aspx

Again I would not count on the app being available for very long.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shelly0

Hi Kenny, 

Thank you for your quick reply, yea I know app won't be on them for long, is much of difference the TVs? , I am replacing a Samsung ue50 6800 the panel only last 3 years may be bad luck but I'm leaning to the LG. if the panel was to fail on one your tvs how easy is it to return the tv from the rep of Ireland. On the currency can I purchase it in GBP as it seems cheaper than euros, 
    Regards 

Hi Kenny, 

Thank you for your quick reply, yea I know app won't be on them for long, is much of difference the TVs? , I am replacing a Samsung ue50 6800 the panel only last 3 years may be bad luck but I'm leaning to the LG. if the panel was to fail on one your tvs how easy is it to return the tv from the rep of Ireland. On the currency can I purchase it in GBP as it seems cheaper than euros, 
    Regards 
    Hi Shelly0.

Both are nice televisions.

The LG comes with our 6 year guarantee free of charge. If any faults occur with the TV within this time frame we would send out an engineer to you house.
    Our engineers cover the whole of Ireland both North and South so you would not need to return it to us.

You can pay in sterling with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shelly0

Hey Kenny, 

just tried to purchase the LG 49UK6400PLF ,  at checkout it says stock no longer available.

Hey Kenny, 

just tried to purchase the LG 49UK6400PLF ,  at checkout it says stock no longer available.
    Hey Shelly0.

Totally Typical!

I have checked and we have unfortunately now sold all the current stock we had.

Fresh stock is due in next week to our main warehouse.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.