Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorhome rental in Europe

• 20-08-2018 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Considering a week's van rental in Scandinavia next May or so. Has anyone done this and can advise rough costs and recommend a company to deal with.

No joke, but I just got a quote of 11,000 for a week rental in Norway, I thought I must have entered the details wrong but nope, so I'll be looking elsewhere.

Or maybe there's someplace else someone would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

What currency was the quote in? Typically these things are in local currency which would make it €1150 which would probably be about right for an off season rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

It definitely said euro but what you're saying makes a lot of sense, so probably just a mistake on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think the Czech republic is the cheapest to rent motorhomes in Europe, I met a guy in Amsterdam Camping Vliegenbos that rented one from there and it was delivered to him in Germany by the company. They were going to head up to Denmark and Norway.
    Auto Europe handle bookings for motorhomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Vehicle cost after registration / import tax in scandanavia can be multiples of the purchase price. Still 11000 sounds steep. Probably cheaper to rent in holland and drive up or uk and take a ferry if they will allow crossborder.

Advertisement