Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - Developer Changing Kitchen Supplier

Options
  • 20-08-2018 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this. We have contracted for a new build house. Our contract states that the kitchen is included and is to be provided by a certain very well respected kitchen supplier.

We love the kitchen. It is probably my favourite thing about the house. The show house kitchen is done to the value provided for in the contract and we had planned to request the exact same kitchen.

Now, after our deposit has been paid we've been told another kitchen supplier will do the kitchen. I'm concerned. I don't like their stuff and I'm concerned that as one of the last houses in the development we will receive an inferior product than what was contracted for. The developer hasn't even given us a reason for the change.

I would really appreciate some insight here.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The same happened me in the past. It was very jarring to find out that the developer had changed the spec without consulting us & we were too far along the process to back out (nor could we if we wanted _ financially)... In the end the new kitchen was equally as good quality as the original & the design ended up suiting us better and not dating as much.

I feel your pain, the design of the house is a huge priority to buyers... but developers just see important architectural decisions as commodity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Ask your solicitor about it? Does the contract allow for the builder to change supplier?

Advertisement