Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist Recommendation

Options
  • 20-08-2018 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all,
    Just moved to Sligo and need a recommendation for a good dentist.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

http://www.ocmdental.com

O'Connor-Moore Dental. Ask for Patrick O'Connor. You won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 nehcola

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    http://www.ocmdental.com

O'Connor-Moore Dental. Ask for Patrick O'Connor. You won't regret it.

Thanks so much! :)

nehcola wrote: »
    Thanks so much! :)
    your welcome!

Well after enquiring at O'Connor Moore Dental it seems that I would be paying over twice the amount that I was paying in Dublin for a check-up, scale & polish! My dentist in Dublin was excellent and charged E50 for this. In O'Connor Moore there's a separate hygienist who charges from E75!
    Any other recommendations out there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Peter Doyle is very good

• Advertisement

Delta7 wrote: »
    Peter Doyle is very good

Thanks a million!

Well after enquiring at O'Connor Moore Dental it seems that I would be paying over twice the amount that I was paying in Dublin for a check-up, scale & polish! My dentist in Dublin was excellent and charged E50 for this. In O'Connor Moore there's a separate hygienist who charges from E75!
    Any other recommendations out there? :D

if you want the best you have to pay for it. these guys are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Not really, it's just upselling things that you may not need - like xray or consultation when you just came first time to just do one filling.

loki7777 wrote: »
    Not really, it's just upselling things that you may not need - like xray or consultation when you just came first time to just do one filling.

Exactly! "As a new customer you'll need X-rays." No I won't. You can contact my previous dentist for my records. "That's fine." Absolutely! :D

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    if you want the best you have to pay for it. these guys are good.

Yes, they seem great - but expensive. I don't think the best treatment needs to be as expensive, from personal experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Yes, they seem great - but expensive. I don't think the best treatment needs to be as expensive, from personal experience.

I think you will struggle to find one who does both for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

If you're willing to travel 10 miles outside Sligo to Grange, I would recommend Brian McCaughey.

https://www.yelp.ie/biz/brian-mccaughey-grange

sligoblue wrote: »
    I think you will struggle to find one who does both for €50.

I am! :D Seems I was spoilt in Dublin (of all places!)

red sean wrote: »
    If you're willing to travel 10 miles outside Sligo to Grange, I would recommend Brian McCaughey.

https://www.yelp.ie/biz/brian-mccaughey-grange

I would travel that far. Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

I am! :D Seems I was spoilt in Dublin (of all places!)

It might be worth tying it in with a visit to Dublin, do you mind me asking where you can get this, seems great value.

sligoblue wrote: »
    It might be worth tying it in with a visit to Dublin, do you mind me asking where you can get this, seems great value.

True and I have considered it! No problem at all. It was O'Donovan Dental on Griffith Avenue. I had Anna who was amazing. I had a filing replacement and a root canal done by her and the work is perfect. Pain/discomfort free, quick and easy. The filing had been recently done by another dentist near there and was causing me hassle. I was recommended Anna by a colleague and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her also. Fees for a examination, scale and polish E60 now - completed by your dentist in the one visit. :D

http://www.odonovandental.ie

Just an update: Had my first visit to Dr Brian McCaughey in Grange today. PRSI covered today's visit which included a check-up, scale & polish. It was just the type of place I was looking for - friendly, professional, reasonable. I'm booking in again in 6 months time. Would highly recommend!

Advertisement