Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House purchase in Carew Park Southill

• 20-08-2018 3:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have first refusal in a house that a relative is selling in Carew Park Southill.

I know it's not the most prestigious of addresses but it is a well kept house.

My questions:
    1.Would it be easy to rent out the whole house or rooms ? Carew is a good location geographically.
    2. Has the regeneration of Southill in particular O Malley Park seen house prices in these areas improve?
    3. Is there a lott of anti social behaviour, boarded up houses in Carew Park or is it one of the "better" estates in Southill.
    4. Does anyone know if the majority of houses are Council houses or rented through the HAP scheme?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated!

Tia!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

Are you in a position to go view the property yourself? Thats worth a lot more than the "reputation" of a place IMO. I wouldn't let an areas reputation put me off, but do a bit of research. Check the place out at evenings and weekends etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Would be hard to rent unless it was someone local to the area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I may be completely wrong and if so I apologise but cant you effectively give over the house for a number of years to the council and they rent it to someone on the housing list and pay you a flat amount for x amount of time.

https://www.housingagency.ie/housing-information/do-you-have-a-property-to-let.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Thank you for all the helpful tips.

Yes I do plan to check out neighborhood at night and at weekend. I just thought people might know if this is a no go area or not, there doesn't seem to be any boarded up houses.

I'd also like to point out if anyone thinks I'm a snob, that I've experience of people in less sought area neighborhoods being more honest, friendly and helpful than those in exclusive neighborhoods.

Does anyone know if there are more proposed regeneration works planned for Southill or houses to be built on the green areas around Southill in the future?

Anyone know roughly what a 3 bed semi in Southill is likely to be let for privately or by the Council?
    The HAP scheme ranges from 450 to 750 depending on family size. Is this a good guide or too low/high?

Advertisement