Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering a motorhome from the U.K

• 20-08-2018 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi New here, sort of
    I'm having serious difficulty getting a motorhome originally from the united states, purchasd in the u.k, brought to Ireland only to deal with idiots who don't know their job. I tried to register it in March and was told I'd need a u.k log book which the owner held on to and told me he would send one to us. Never got it, contacted the D.V.L.A several times, eventually got talking to the right person who told me I would need a certificate of permanent exportation, waited almost two months for this. When I brought it to the vrt centre again all the paperwork was correct but they had an issue with the number stamped into the chassis not being an exact match as the chassis number on the certificate. I have gotten confirmation from Toyota that the two numbers correspond to the same vehicle. the number stamped on the chassis starts with VZN95 which is the frame number and the last 7 digits of the chassis number. they are not convinced and want the certificate the U.K have sent me changed to what's stamped on the chassis. I know this is incorrect but revenue are adamant that I do this. my head is melted now as I now do not want to deal with revenue or give them any money as they are making an issue out of nothing

Advertisement