Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapper SPX200

Options
  • 20-08-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Has anyone any recent experience with Snapper ride-on mowers?
    I'm thinking about getting the Snapper SPX200 but can't find any reviews on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Its a fairly bog standard side ejection lawn tractor with one good feature which is the hydrostatic drive.

Its a good wide cut but I'd say it might just be borderline in tough conditions with for 46 inches and the 16hp engine? Although once you have done your first strip you don't have to cut the full 46 inches if the grass is long.

As a maker (if this isn't another companies model rebadged?) I would rate Snapper well after having had a couple of their lawn riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

I came across the Murray MSD200 which looks to be an identical machine but better price.
    Any catch with that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

underpants wrote: »
    I came across the Murray MSD200 which looks to be an identical machine but better price.
    Any catch with that??

None at all really as I suggested Snapper SPX200 is just a rebadged model that is sold by several companies.

Do have a really close look though as some companies may make specification changes so they can say the machines are their own. In many cases main parts will be identical.

I have a 36 inch Honda and the same deck is used on at least half a dozen other makes of mower the rest of the mower while of similar design is quite different across the other makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

I got one 3 years ago, cuts the grass, no repairs required.
    Fine and Dandy, as Forrest Gump, a Snapper user would say

Advertisement