Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing provider

Options
  • 20-08-2018 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭

Do I have to give eir 30 days notice or not if I wish to change providers have less than 3 weeks left on my contract eir site says customers who don't give 30 days notice wont be charged a penalty fee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

ofcork wrote: »
    Do I have to give eir 30 days notice or not if I wish to change providers have less than 3 weeks left on my contract eir site says customers who don't give 30 days notice wont be charged a penalty fee.
    Hi ofcork, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

You are required to give 30 days notice when moving to another provider. You can view all details on this process here

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Website a bit confusing saying that customers who don't give notice wont be charged a penalty fee?

Website a bit confusing saying that customers who don't give notice wont be charged a penalty fee?
    You are obliged to give the 30 days notice however you will not be charged a penalty if you don't. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

I assume you would still receive bills though if you didn't give notice.

I assume you would still receive bills though if you didn't give notice.
    When your new service provider takes over your service the billing should stop with ourselves. If this is not done by them then the bills would continue. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

• Advertisement
Advertisement