Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account approved but taking too long to open.

Options
  • 20-08-2018 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    I and my wife went to a branch of BOI on 02/08/2018 and requested a joint account, we were told that since I already have a current account it should not take more than 5 days to open the account. We gave the required documents to the bank on the same day. Now the branch says the account is approved and I should wait for an SMS message confirming when the account is opened and ready to use. It's been 2 weeks and still waiting, the branch says there is nothing pending on their part and I have to wait but do not tell me exactly when the account will be opened. How long does it take to open the account? I need it urgently, please help, is there a number I can call or email?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

All done in India now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Plus an over reliance on SMS, in the belief it is reliable!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Lucas1980,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, we're sorry that the account opening process is not going as quickly as it should.

We do aim to have our accounts opened within 5 working days but some applications can take longer. All account applications are assessed on an individual basis.

Please be assured that you will be contacted once the account is set up but if you do feel the need to follow this up you can contact the account holding branch.

You can find the contact information here.

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Lorna[/font]

Advertisement