Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Rose of Tralee thread.

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

She's not even from waterford, the cats will claim her in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 35,903 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bookies got it right again

Winner was picked maybe even yesterday or day before, and people in the know are gambling and effect the price so then the bookies know.
    So corrupt

Is that the first black rose ?

Stick here, well should I say on holiday here, in Norn Irn, so out of Rose broDcasting scope in this second night. I guess the Waterford Roaevhas got it, from the comments. An especially pretty girl, this win however seems to me a bit of a banner waving exercise of the pc establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Hon the deise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Winner was picked maybe even yesterday or day before, and people in the know are gambling and effect the price so then the bookies know.
    So corrupt

How do you figure that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hon the darkie.
    That's a f##kin awful thing to say. You f##kin gob****e

Edit: not so brave now Brendan. Cowardly sh1tehawk ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Stick here, well should I say on holiday here, in Norn Irn, so out of Rose broDcasting scope in this second night. I guess the Waterford Roaevhas got it, from the comments. An especially pretty girl, this win however seems to me a bit of a banner waving exercise of the pc establishment.

There's probably an element of that in it but to be fair she's a good looking girl and came across very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

PHG wrote: »
    The Waterford one the inly one without a circle thing on top of sache. It's her

Why couldn't the winner wear the circle thing?

If that's true, the tears and 'overwhelmed' bit was all a bullsh!t.
    Feck.

Anyway....Celine Byrne singing at the end was an unwelcome departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

PHG wrote: »
    The Waterford one the inly one without a circle thing on top of sache. It's her

That is an odd one, surely the roses would have noticed that backstage when putting them on before coming out on to the stage?!

How do you figure that?

Market is effected only by people gambling, one person putting a decent bet on and the market is on it establishing the favourite. So it's very corrupt, I mean how would Paddy Power know who the hell is going to win the Rose Of Tralee, but they do, every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

Market is effected only by people gambling, one person putting a decent bet on and the market is on it establishing the favourite. So it's very corrupt, I mean how would Paddy Power know who the hell is going to win the Rose Of Tralee, but they do, every year.

She was 14 to 1 I think before the festival

I understand the market, I just don't know about your theory that the judging decision was made last night. I'm sure independent ajudicators ensure transparency. It would be an injustice towards those appearing tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Last night and tonight is just for television, the decision is made a few days before when the girls meet the judges and stuf. its a week long thing tonight has nothing to do with the judging

• Registered Users Posts: 18,442 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I understand the market, I just don't know about your theory that the judging decision was made last night. I'm sure independent ajudicators ensure transparency. It would be an injustice towards those appearing tonight

Should be remembered that the contestants have been judged for around a week now. There was a semi final thing at the weekend where others were eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

I doubt that they are subject to independent adjudication or auditing in the way that National Lottery is. It's not a licensed game or raffle.

The bookies are free to take bets or not but there is no obligation on the RoT management to display any transparency about how the winner is picked.....and they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Bookies got it right again

PAddy Power left it (very) late. I was following it and Waterford only went fav just before betting suspended. I’d love to know was there any significant bets placed at that time...mmm. Also, poster on this thread spotted WATERFORD Rose was missing something on her sash and called her as the winner before announcement! I feel like ringing Joe Duffy!

mystic86 wrote: »
    That is an odd one, surely the roses would have noticed that backstage when putting them on before coming out on to the stage?!

Maybe they needed to put on the winning sash

honeybear wrote: »
    PAddy Power left it (very) late. I was following it and Waterford only went fav just before betting suspended. I’d love to know was there any significant bets placed at that time...mmm. Also, poster on this thread spotted WATERFORD Rose was missing something on her sash and called her as the winner before announcement! I feel like ringing Joe Duffy!

What was she missing? Is there any pics of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

LennieB wrote: »
    Ah great, wanted her to win as thought she stood out last night but didn’t think judges would pick her.

You thought the judges were racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

What was she missing? Is there any pics of it

She was missing the pin/badge that held on the sash

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »

I can imaging once the winner was decided every Tom Dick and Harry who was in the know went onto Paddy Power and other betting sites placing bets, sure you would , so would I .
    Insider info is great, but it just shows how twisted it all is /

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

could they not find a girl from Waterford to represent the county? ... just asking for a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Well done to the Waaaterford rose, from Kilkenny :)

The Cork rose was my favourite tho, A beautiful girl, and that accent :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

I can imaging once the winner was decided every Tom Dick and Harry who was in the know went onto Paddy Power and other betting sites placing bets, sure you would , so would I .
    Insider info is great, but it just shows how twisted it all is /

If you revisit my posts at the time, Waterford wasn’t in the top 4 till just at the suspension of betting. I didn’t bet but if I did, I would be a bit peeved. It would be like betting on a horse AFTER the race ended!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,442 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

A good winner overall. Kirsten seems to have a nice personality and is very pretty.

Advertisement