Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradesman damaged TV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

....... wrote: »
    This is a great threat that I often see bandied about on boards.ie but the truth is - the revenue dont care.

I had a "tradesman" do shoddy work and act the pr1ck about it, refuse to give a receipt and when I told the revenue about it and that he had offered me a vat price and a cash price theyd no interest. None whatsoever. Said they dont audit people on the back of such complaints.

Theres a confidential number or email.

I'd stick a bit on the story and send it in. They've ramped up their we need to catch people attitude and will go after small fry

If not copy a TD on it and run a rampage and they'll go.

The tradesman did wrong he should make right his wrong and let that be that

Typical attitude of some of the smaller trades people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Yes - I followed the instructions here:
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/assist-us/reporting-shadow-economy-activity/reporting.aspx

They didnt give a fiddlers. Yer man was even apologetic about it. Didnt even want the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Bazzy wrote: »

The tradesman did wrong he should make right his wrong and let that be that

Typical attitude of some of the smaller trades people

Since when did putting up Satellite dishes become a Trade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

FGR wrote: »
    Hi all, hoping you can help on this one.

A friend of mine had an independent satellite installer over yesterday who installed a satellite for him. The problem was that when he was behind the tv he shoved it aside to get at the connections behind and caused damage to the side and back of the panel. There are cracks/scratches and a small chunk taken out of the plastic which are easily visible from the front.

The screen itself is alright but the thing is that the TV was brand new, out of box, and now looks old and abused.

Tradesman is being stubborn and unwilling to replace the TV or rectify it. Does my friend have any rights here? Citizens Information says that "Service suppliers should be insured against damage to goods, other people’s property or themselves whilst carrying out a service. Check that any trader that you engage has appropriate insurance." but doesn't go beyond it. Is it under the Sale of Goods Act and can this be pursued in the Small Claims Court?

Can you compel the person to provide insurance? He's a registered sole trader.

I know it's not the end of the world but it's a very nice Samsung which cost him about €1,200+.

Thanks.
    Pics please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I used the term loosely based on the title of the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They are called engineers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lizsalander

Homeowner is at fault

No STOP sign in front of the tv