Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Captains Prize-September 22nd-12:00

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Rosses Point
    I taught the food was lovely and I had the steak sandwich maybe a few more chips could be added :D.

I actually liked 17 even though I made a mess of it. My fault though tired swing. 18 not so much as I hadn't a clue what to aim for rock, pole, I seen 2 different ones! clubhouse! it just looked so wide from tee box. But the thing with links courses is there's always blind shots and some lucky bounces you need to play most them at least once to get your bearings but you always remember for the next time! where as on parkland courses you seem to forget very quickly well I do.

I definitely be interested in one of them open packages next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

I do think the bones of 17 is a really great hole, just had issue with the area for landing your drive be essentially a patch of rough in the fairway with a tiny chute through. For such a long hole that is then strongly uphill it is a bit unfair. As Seve said, if there was risk/reward of the fairway curving in then I would have liked it better. This would kind of like 18 at St. Margarets, where you bail out to the right but can bite off a better second shot with a drive over the bunkers but in front of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

17th always divides opinion. But I like the challenge! It's a very difficult hole no matter what way you approach it. The ideal tee-shot is between 230-250 yds to a width of around 20 yds. That's a small area and still be left with a 190 yds uphill 2nd shot and no respite on a green where almost every putt is difficult.
    We had a 77 year old have a 2 on it a few weeks back...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rosses Point
    17th always divides opinion. But I like the challenge! It's a very difficult hole no matter what way you approach it. The ideal tee-shot is between 230-250 yds to a width of around 20 yds. That's a small area and still be left with a 190 yds uphill 2nd shot and no respite on a green where almost every putt is difficult.
    We had a 77 year old have a 2 on it a few weeks back...

my 4 pales in significance so :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭a post punk

Rosses Point
    I was waiting on most reply’s just to get the feedback after the weekend......
    Thanks for the compliments and delighted everyone had a great weekend.
    My own Summary of the weekend is like night and day!! Strandhill on Friday, while I did like the course, I just found the wind very very hard. The way it was blowing I didn’t know what to hit and was contemplating hitting the putter all the way down the fairway just to get it to the hole :)
    Now I hit some great drives but after that I was lost really so finished with 18points the worst score in a few years.
    Rosses Point was a different story, it was just so calm and you could see what you were playing in front of you it seemed way easier than what it should be I would imagine.
    Again my driver was fine and hit some good 3 and 4 woods. It’s just my irons that are killing my game all year, between topping half a dozen shots or not getting good contact and ending up way short of position leaving hard chip shots or really long putts. I also was reading too much break on greens both days and found them very slow leaving putts short everywhere (even on the last for a 3 foot par). I suppose having Macker with us was definitely an advantage Saturday as he told us which holes to lay up on and not take on.
    The course itself is 1 of the nicest I have played and the facilities before and afterwards were great.
    The goal at the start of the year was to make the jug team on Merit for the first time and I am very happy to be there!
    Thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend event and see ye in a few weeks or next year.
    Best of luck to Benny next year a sound man (for a dub):)
    Congratulations doublecross ( that’s the end of the golf now)
    Vive le Boards Society
    PP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I’m waiting until I get to a computer to type my reply!!

We done to PP on another great year and top notch courses. Thanks.

Congrats to Doublecross on the brith of your daughter (see ya in 18 years!!!) and winning GOTY

Congrats to Space, what a round. Well done.

Advertisement