Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to old job

Options
  • 20-08-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I left my old job of 5+ years to take up a post with a larger company. I wasn't told at the time that the company was planning a major restructuring and I've been moved roles 3 times in 3 months. My old employer have been in touch offering my old job back with a slight payrise. I left because I wanted a change but it hasn't really worked out. Would I be mad to go back? I'm just afraid it will be harmful to my future prospects as it will look like I couldn't adapt to a new environment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Go back if you’d like to.
    It’s just work, do what suits you best.

You might even be in a position to edge a bit more of a pay rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

On a CV it equally looks like the old company NEEDED you back and if they did make the offer to you, then its certainly not a negative for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

There's nothing wrong with going back.

Do what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Negotiate a better pay rise, then go back.

Advertisement