Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Date/Billing Date Change

Options
  • 20-08-2018 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking to change the above if possible- the aim being to change when my direct debit is normally taken from my account to after I get paid.

What is the best way of organising this?

Thanks,
    Frank

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi frankled, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

This will depend on whether you have a standard direct debit taken out 14 days after the date of issue of the bill or an equaliser, which is a set amount taken every month.

If you have an equaliser, you can change the date by calling our colleagues in the phone department on 1850 372 372. You can find more information relating to equaliser here

If you have a standard direct debit, the date could only be changed on a bill-by-bill basis. If the collection date on a particular day does not suit you, this can be changed by contacting us here or by ringing 1850 372 372. Please note this needs to be done as soon as possible after you receive your bill as Electric Ireland are required to give advance notice of between 5 and 7 working days to the bank prior to collecting direct debits. This will need to be done again for your next bill as the agreement will have no impact on any further bills. The issue date of bills is dependent on the meter reading cycle in your local area.

If you need us to complete this for your current bill, please send us a private message with the following details: 
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

We hope this helps. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

Advertisement