Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zooplus Germany via ParcelMotel

• 20-08-2018 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭

Have used Zooplus.ie previously despite the blatant price gouging on Irish customers but looking to make a big enough purchase of dried cat food and can no longer accept the price differences.

Same purchase on .ie site is €127.41 and on .de site is €96.89. Have contacted company to explain the 31.5% price increase for Irish customers as our expensive VAT rate only explains 4%. Their BS reply is below:

"Kindly be advised that our shops are supplied by different warehouses and due to logistic reasons, prices of the products differ on zooplus shops.

Please also note that due to our new contracts with delivery partners, we no longer have shipping to Ireland from German shop."

So has anyone successfully ordered on the .de site with shipping to Parcel Motel? Willing to pay their €9.99 shipping rate to Great Britain and the €7 oversize Parcel Motel rate rather than pay their .ie prices but when I input the Parcel Motel delivery address their site says it's invalid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

You could try https://www.mailboxde.com
    - they’re a German parcel motel type operation. I’ve used them before for orders from Amazon.de and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

kcools wrote: »
    You could try https://www.mailboxde.com
    - they’re a German parcel motel type operation. I’ve used them before for orders from Amazon.de and it worked perfectly.

Thanks, expensive shipping on oversize/bulky items from mailboxde.com. For the rough dimensions/weight of my order it's showing shipping starting at €37.82

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

...when I input the Parcel Motel delivery address their site says it's invalid.

Does it say what bit is invalid?

The Belfast post code might be triggering it, what about AddressPal? (an post parcel motel type operation).

....... wrote: »
    Does it say what bit is invalid?

The Belfast post code might be triggering it, what about AddressPal? (an post parcel motel type operation).

No, just says delivery address is invalid without specifying which line.

Have used AddressPal occasionally in the past but their oversize delivery cost is dis-proportionally expensive at €25. Have used ParcelMotel a lot and find their oversize delivery very good.
    So much hassle trying not to get ripped off in this country. May well have to cave and buy a small order from the .ie site and hope there's some future prevention to such geoblocking.

Have tried a few different suppliers but product either not stocked or even more expensive than zooplus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The €7 overcharge rate is the minimum charge for oversized items - have you used the calculator thing with the dimensions/weight to get the actual price? For the sake of the €13 you're saving I'd rather have it delivered to me than have to go and collect it from parcel motel.. I'd expect it to be wrecked too adding additional stops to the journey if there's anything bulky in it? Also assuming you've compared prices on .co.uk and .com?

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    The €7 overcharge rate is the minimum charge for oversized items - have you used the calculator thing with the dimensions/weight to get the actual price? For the sake of the €13 you're saving I'd rather have it delivered to me than have to go and collect it from parcel motel.. I'd expect it to be wrecked too adding additional stops to the journey if there's anything bulky in it? Also assuming you've compared prices on .co.uk and .com?

Yes to all above. It's not the €13 saving as such but the unwillingness/reluctance to pay the blatant "Irish" price for the same product significantly cheaper in Germany. If we continue to pay their Irish prices then where's their incentive to reduce prices when they have such a soft market here.

Yes to all above. It's not the €13 saving as such but the unwillingness/reluctance to pay the blatant "Irish" price for the same product significantly cheaper in Germany. If we continue to pay their Irish prices then where's their incentive to reduce prices when they have such a soft market here.

ugggh :mad::mad: Yeah I agree with you.. I ordered from .com a while back and they charged me 6.99 postage even though it falsely stays free shipping in 2/3 places on the page.. I argued with them until they refunded me. As it stands now .com is often cheaper but that's wiped out with the postage - even with the loyalty plan. Their customer service has really gone downhill.

Same crap again, looks like the supposed EU geo-blocking regulation has no effect on Zooplus. As per regulation:

"Equal access to goods and services
    Under the new rules, traders will not be able to discriminate between
    customers with regard to the general terms and conditions - including
    prices - in three cases:

for goods that are either delivered in a member state to which the trader offers delivery or are collected at a location agreed with the customer
      for electronically supplied services such as cloud, data warehousing and website hosting
      for services such as hotel accommodation and car rental which are received by the customer in the country where the trader operates"

As mentioned previously their .de website offers far better prices and shipping to nearly all European countries except Ireland so I guess because they don't offer shipping here that excepts them from the geo-blocking regulation.

For an order I'm looking to make price it's €91.95 on their .ie website (similar enough on the .com and co.uk websites) but on the .de website same product and weight is €71.59 so a whopping 28.4% more expensive here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I ordered 24 800g cans of dog food and added some budgie food to bring the price over 49euro for the free shipping. It still wanted to charge shipping? its not overweight which is 31kg? I ended up just ordering the dog food.

Am i doing something wrong or is the site glitchy?

Which site is that? The .com charges postage :mad: - even though it states it's free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

tk123 wrote: »
    Which site is that? The .com charges postage :mad: - even though it states it's free

Nearly sure it was .ie

Advertisement