Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric picnic luxury camping

Options
  • 20-08-2018 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anyone give a comparison between camping in the standard campsites to paying extra to stay in the pink moon campsites. I still reckon that the bathroom s ,shower s etc will be filthy and impossible to get into.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

This will be better answered in the Electric Picnic thread in "Gigs and Events"......
    But in my opinion its well worth it. EP has gone to the dogs in general. Main camping is like Oxegen 2005, a total mess. Pink Moon is generally slightly more civilized. Toilets are generally fine, queues for showers are to be expected, but theres no queue outside of peak times. Its generally tidier and less full of drunken mess teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Camping in Cork would be a waste of time... you'd have to travel to Stadbally every day & back in the evening. Better to stay on site or close to the venue...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I stayed in Pink Moon 2 years ago - and then last year a Festihut in Boutique area. This year I'm happy to say Festihut are in Pink Moon.

I wouldn't stay anywhere but Pink Moon - as it is a slightly older crowd there. Toilets and showers are constantly cleaned. Tents are set out properly so you can walk around them without breaking your neck tripping over tent pegs in the same way you would in other campsites where it's a maze of madness.

You will queue for showers if you're there the same time as everybody else - so try and use at "off peak" times - when nobody is queueing.

But there's also the area where you can use hair dryers/mirrors which is great if you want to style your hair and properly do your make up ("if").

Pink Moon also has its own Café/Bar so if you want to get away from the madness and the kids taking over - it's nice to just sprawl out there during the afternoon.

It is worth the money but I would have thought it was booked out by now? Have fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

Stayed in Pink moon twice over the years. It's gotten much bigger however they still manage to create an oasis of calmness. Toilets and showers are constantly maintained. Food in the cafe is very nice with lots of picnic tables around. A big plus for me last year was the direct access route from pink moon into the main arena right behind the comedy tent. Absolute godsend. Pink Moon SOLD OUT early this year but we managed to get in on a cancellation a month ago. Try contacting them. You might get lucky. Enjoy EP18 everyone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Why aren't these threads moved into the Laois forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Pink Moon is well worth the extra money you'd spend! Would also recommend Eco camping stayed there last year as Pink Moon was sold out and the toilets were absolutely spotless best toilets I have ever seen at a festival and they too have a tent with mirrors if you want to do your make up properly, you have to be registered for it though and its possibly full up this year

Advertisement