Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Anniversary!!!

• 21-08-2018 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭

@ 21/08/16 21:28

And it all began with Jayops first game!!

Still going strong. ;)

So whats your fav WW memory, fav role, fav game?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Gordon's reveal in the Bad Moon Rising Game was pretty special. That was my first game and when he revealed like that my mind was blown.

Really enjoyed the Simpsons Game too when Raze and I sprung our plot. Was very good fun to be in cahoots and to have that mock fight on thread.

Easties more recently was great fun. Going all Clodemode was unsuccessful, but great to be part of.

In terms of games i have modded, maybe its recency bias, but i really enjoyed JP - i was delighted the split worked.

What about you, Murray?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Favourite moments?

Too many to mention.

Gordon's reveal was great shame I was on the wrong side of it :(

Simpsons was a fun game throughout, posting levels were insane on day 1.

More recently Back to the Future and the Almanac was just great.

Shouts to individual players:

Gordon in Bad Moon Rising

Strawbs in Disney as the ultimate seer.

sKeith in Westworld as the ultimate vig.

Andy as an epic seer in Eastenders.

Beaker as Buffy and as seer in BTTF.

As mod I love all my games equally. They're my babies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

God, lots of great moments in those two years. I could probably have a best moment for most/all of the players.

Fond memories ofTB for the end of the first Halloween game- that was an awesome game.

Oh and my first run out as a wolf, special just because it took so long.

Might just go back and read some of those early games again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Loved playing Nelson in the Simpsons game. Also liked playing Thor and my later SK role.

Will never forget my firstborn came along in the middle of a game. Quiet difficult to juggle all that!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Happy anniversary guys. Sorry, I forgot to get you a card!

Loved the last few games as I had an unusual streak of actually having a role which never happened before, BTTF (detective), Father Ted (seer), Eastenders (priest), and managed not to feck any of them up much (except Lordy nearly shooting me in Father Ted, but at least I got out it).

Loved the ending of BTTF, the only time I've been alive to participate in a LYLO, which coincidentally involved my two co-mods this weekend. Little did we know then ....

I missed a good few of the previous ones that seem to have become classic. :(

Loved Star Trek, my only win as a wolf.

Loved the Vanilla game that was run spur of the moment after Community.

Loved The Simpsons even though I did feck that one by falling completely head over heels for Raze's schtick!

Also well remember WWI and really not having a clue what was going on but being intrigued nonetheless, and Jayop seeing me lurking and PMing me to join him in the backroom and getting to share in the intrigue as it happened, then dipping my toe in properly for WWII, and feeling pretty chuffed to have been the wolves' second munch - felt I must have been doing something right for them to want me out of there. And from then on I was hooked.

Thanks godfather Jayop! It's been a massive two years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Best/Worst memories for me:
    The Carrie death in the Halloween game where Tigger pinned me as a wolf after 2 posts and outed me on thread. Quickly backtracked though when he realised I'd take him with me when I died. That was incredibly satisfying.

My first and only wolf win with (I think) Strawbs in the Bad Moon Rising game on COP. Final day was during my husbands graduation ceremony and I ignored my in-laws for most of the day trying to play. They were not impressed.

My first modding experience with Uriel and Pter on the Star Trek game. Such a fantastic experience. I'll never forgive the Borg though for killing our Shaman on night 1! Also the Fr Ted game with Pter and Necro. So much fun coming up with the newspaper!

The Grandpa Simpson fake reveal in the Simpsons game will be forever my most favourite moment in a game.

I was so excited for the Disney game and equally gutted when I died so early. Boo. Same with the Buffy game. My first rolled villager as the seer and I was terrible. Didn't even get to reveal.

I always love the craic in the backrooms.

The Eastenders game with Murray was really funny. Especially as the ****er after a few drinks tried to shoot me but his character ended up being too drunk to be able to use the gun. A real serendipitous moment.

Valentines Day Massacre when I got to be Trits lover was cool as we both used to come up with crazy theorys as to what was going on in games.

The Marvel game with the shared baddie backroom was way too short lived but it was Hilarious. Andy really dived into his role and gave me loads of LOL moments and I also managed to bluff one of the baddies team so bad about some power I had I think they thought I could see there backroom.

Gryfondor 3 was also another with PJ and Andy that was good fun.

The drunken weekend of the elction fever game and the following wednesday with all the seer claims was defiently the funniest the whole thread has been.

Me spending a week tunneling jayo to his death in game 2 was my biggest wtf for me moment when he turned out to be just a villager

Thats just off the top of my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

The Eastenders game with Murray was really funny. Especially as the ****er after a few drinks tried to shoot me but his character ended up being too drunk to be able to use the gun. A real serendipitous moment.

I gotta say this was possibly the funniest thing ive seen in the backrooms, I almost wanted to give him a sympathy bullet. Phil Mitchell wasn't happy and I laughed for ages at him and his response on thread an in the BR

I only started playing last year, TWD game was my first and I enjoyed it massively. Disney game was probably my favourite, wolfy backrooms are fun.

BTTF was my low point, it was a great game and I played a stinker. Broke my laptop and said I wasn't playing anymore as I was getting to into it. Promptly then signed up to the next game. I've posted more on boards in the last year then my previous 9, most of them on here. When you take in anon games ive probanly trebled my post count in a year.

Hopefully Jayop comes back at some point, he seems to be the one who's gotten most people hooked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Have to say my favourite thing about this forum is the people. From the minute my dealer (Loughc) began my addiction to this place you fellow addicts were very welcoming and extremely helpful in getting to know the game.

Game wise I loved the Fr Ted game and the island split in JP.

A bit shout out to Beaker and Duffman for the great experience of modding my first game (EE) that was a lot of fun!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Man its been a great ride for me. Necro roped me in and I cant thank him enough.

From my first game as Milhouse in the Simpsons game and completely misunderstanding the game. It was a ****storm but you guys took me in and gave me understanding.

The next game I was finally getting it, the marvel v DC game and I was a wolf. The joint backroom was a fun mechanic and it let the paranoia breath. It didnt help that I was a drunk seer giving unintentional misonformation to the other bad team. Either way I had a ball.

The Buffy game was my first succesful game in terms if doing well. I felt I had a safety net with my powers and it gave me confidence.

Loved the modding experience.

Working with Lord on the WWE game was a huge pleasure despite the stress of working hard. Loved watching things olay out and seeing what choices players made, like Shawn and Bret being in the same backroom with a screw job when Necro turned. Amazing

The Eastenders game was fun, working with Kitten and Duffers was a joy and again watching the mechanics play out with the Mitchells and their Mum.

Ive enjoyed everygame, even if there was controversy. This community is special. Everyone should take a bow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I missed all of this!

My highlights:

Being half of team Winchester in the first halloween game, I loved being Trits brother!

I had a lot of fun ribbing Uriel after he killed me in the following Christmas game. Which made modding Romeo and Juliet with him awesome.

Despite how the game turned out I actually enjoyed the building of the community game, we had so many good ideas including a time line split which i was glad to get to try in Jurassic Park.
    I couldn't pick a fave modding experience really, they're all different and fun in their own way.

Fave role probably Drusilla, I loved her in the show and she's an excellent character to lean into.

I enjoyed it all really but those are my standouts

Advertisement