Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone reprogram Hearing aids?

Options
  • 21-08-2018 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Good morning,

I lost my good set a few weeks ago but cannot afford a new pair for the moment,However i do have some old ones that i was hoping to get reprogrammed,I had an up to date Hearing test done recently,

I have 2 sets of hearing aids(1 set in ear /other set BTE) and also 1 left hearing aid that i need all reprogrammed.I have Bi -Lateral deafness about 40% Permanent Deafness

The hearing aids are

• 2xDigital Hearing Aids Unitron Next E HP Open Fitting BTE (2008) but only have them new 4 weeks
    • 2 Siemens Unity 2 (2008) In the Ear
    • 1 Siemens Octiv M BTE (2016) Left only

Is this something that can be done?If so what is the fee?

I am from Limerick City.

Specsavers said NO because i did not purchase from them(Even though the In ear i did are now old) and tried to sell me a set :(
    Deaf hear said "we don’t service other providers hearing aids and secondly I wouldn’t have the relevant version of the software needed for those hearing aids."

I am really really stuck any advice greatly appreciated

Advertisement