Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linksys router wrt54g

Options
  • 21-08-2018 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm having trouble with this, very slow speeds compared to an eircom d1000 (bridged mode) from the same bb source. Is there an easy way of testing what the issue is?

FN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Both models limited to 100Mb speed over Ethernet, but if you referring to WiFi, wrt54g support 802.11b/g only vs. 802.11b/g/n on D1000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Both models limited to 100Mb speed over Ethernet, but if you referring to WiFi, wrt54g support 802.11b/g only vs. 802.11b/g/n on D1000

Thanks smuggler

Internet connection in is about 40 down & 20 up.

I use the d1000 with a homeplug in one area of the house and a homeplug and the Linksys in another.

I used to get the above speed with both routers in either area of the house. However the Linksys is acting up and it's dropping to about 3 down and 15 up so I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to improve this or is the router showing signs of packing in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Aaaaah............homeplugs involved...

Troubleshoot one device at the time, eliminate intermediary(homeplugs) as currently you can't be certain if this is Linksys acting up or plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Aaaaah............homeplugs involved...

Troubleshoot one device at the time, eliminate intermediary(homeplugs) as currently you can't be certain if this is Linksys acting up or plug.

My connection is FWA so I've connected directly to the source for each router (eliminating the homeplug from the equation) and the Linksys one is still down, I'll try a reset and Google for more answers.

Advertisement