Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My TSB account was defrauded last night

• 21-08-2018 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Last night at midnight I received an urgent security text from TSB about suspicious activity and to call TSB immediately.

I quickly checked my account and was shocked to see €400 was after being extracted to a shop in Newcastle UK that I never authorised.

I then called TSB and was told there were several attempts all evening to take from my account and then a successful one occurred at midnight.

I was told a new debit card will be issued and forms issued for me to fill and to get local Gardai to stamp and my money should be refunded within one or two weeks.

Today I googled the shop and it appears to be a well know one and I called them.

A lady answered phone I asked her could I speak to her shopping accounts section but she declined.

I then told her why I was calling and that I understood the police would be carrying out a fraud investigation and her shop may be implicated as it is listed on my account as having extracted my money.

She didn't offer me and help so I just told her I was making her aware of what occurred last night.

Is there anything more I should do? I'm very annoyed over this, I'm just back from holiday and now I'm skint until I get paid later this week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,106 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you any idea how the fraud was committed, do you know if they used a cloned card with your PIN number in the store or if they used your card details online with no PIN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Have you any idea how the fraud was committed, do you know if they used a cloned card with your PIN number in the store or if they used your card details online with no PIN?

The only thing I can think of is a few weeks ago I rented a car at a small car rental operation near Gatwick airport associated to Ryanair.

I gave the chap at the desk my debit card and while he was processing the card I ran to the loo as I badly needed to go after a long nights travel

I realised then I should never leave my card like this.

I mentioned this to my bank and they said highly unlikely as normally when a card is cloned it's used rapidly after and not a month later

Advertisement