Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Felt DA Bayonet bracket needed

• 21-08-2018 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I'm more used to the cycling realm but hopefully someone on here can help.
    I bought a second hand Felt a couple of months back and the bracket that clamps the TT extensions has broken. The other one has a hair line crack AFAICS also.
    Just wondering if anyone knows where I can go for it? My race is Saturday week so I'm supposed to be training pretty hard this week.
    Thanks for any help,
    Slo
    PS Hopefully the pic is attached

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I believe wheelworx are felt dealers would be worth giving them a call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

I believe wheelworx are felt dealers would be worth giving them a call

Thanks , I was talking to them and they don’t have it in stock, only offered to sell me new bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

https://www.felt-stuff.com/parts-spares/?p=3

call the number at bottom of the page.

good luck

send us a pic of the bar maybe you have other options to repair it ( ie other brackets might work if you cant find the orginal one)

Heres a picture I had handy.
    Thanks, but I need to sort it ASAP so I don't think I can order from Felt. Also, they don't have this item in stock.
    Slo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

if you are that desperate you may have to try repairing rather than buying. the issue with bits like this is they tend to be cast alloys which are impossible to weld. so that's not an option. i had a simialr issue with a projector mount for a ceiling earlier in the year, snapped in delivery to me, and no way i was risking an expensive projector on it. the supliers shipped me a new bit, but in the meantime i tried this stuff

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/13/7/epxy_metal_s/overview/Loctite-Epoxy-Metal-Concrete.htm

followed their instructions, and it didn't hold after the few hours they said it would take to set, however, a couple of days later i picked it up again and it had fully set, even held up to some pretty robust testing(smacked it with a hammer, teh spare had arrived so i wasn't using it anyway).

you can get the epoxy in a local co-op or somewhere like B&Q. might be worth giving it a go while you try to locate a spare

• Advertisement

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    Heres a picture I had handy.
    Thanks, but I need to sort it ASAP so I don't think I can order from Felt. Also, they don't have this item in stock.
    Slo

i would go to an alu welder and have bracket welded . (but first i would move both extension further apart ( to the next wider whole and then get the pads closer to the extension)

and on top of it i would build a bridge from pad to pad

your pads are very far apart and with you clamping system you create a lot of pressure and your pads and extension and pads tend to slide when you go over a pothole

with a good bridge, maybe what mossy suggests might work but i would not risk that personally

ps if you go the welding route i would remove the Di2 cable of left extension ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

peter kern wrote: »
    i would go to an alu welder and have bracket welded .

if it is aluminium that's definitely the best route, if it's an alloy though welding is not usually an option, it's to brittle and doesn't weld
    peter kern wrote: »
    with a good bridge, maybe what mossy suggests might work but i would not risk that personally

it's last resort for sure, but in the absence of any other options...

Thanks a lot guys.
    I spoke to a friend who is a skilled welder (though not a big engineering co) and he thought welding is not an option.
    He did however suggest we make new brackets. He had the 2 samples (attached) in his workshop and we can cut and join them so the holes are correctly spaced and then it should be just a case of locating longer bolts to bolt the stack and bracket to the bars.
    Any thoughts on this?

So I've made progress I cut the 2 brackets and got the spacing to match. Then I put 4 very pretty gutter bolts in place and it seems to be fully functional.
    I think I can see a tiny crack in the other side so I would like to so the same for it. But I'm out of brackets now. I believe these came from a moto cross bike so if anyone has some or something similar, I'd be very grateful.
    Slo

awesome that looks bomb proof. ( just use some glue and duct tape to make it a bit more aero ;-)
    is there a motto cross forum on boards as they are the most likely to have those parts

• Advertisement
Advertisement