Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Pictures - Horror Anthology

Options
  • 21-08-2018 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭

Supermassive, who brought us the brilliant Until Dawn, are releasing a series of standalone horror games. The first, Man of Medan is out next year and looks brilliant. After playing Until Dawn, I'm all over this. Not the biggest fan of Shawn Ashmore, although I said the same about Heroes cheerleader one.

https://twitter.com/SuperMGames/status/1031834280496979968?s=19

Comments

Enjoyed Until Dawn so I'd be interested in these. Wonder will Until Dawn get an xbox release? Only half heard what was said during the Microsoft piece this afternoon. Though they said all their games would be on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

First in the series Man of Medan out 31st August and details now of solo play, shared story (play online where you play as different characters and try to stay/keep each other alive) and movie night mode where 4 people locally can pick a character each and the game tells you when to pass the controller to the next person. Interesting.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/07/11/until-dawn-studio-announces-multiplayer-for-its-upcoming-ps4-horror-man-of-medan/#sf215602611

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Forgot about this one. MP could be fun with the right mates.

New trailer to show off multiplayer. The way your man left your one for dust had me skitting :pac:

Edit: this is up for preorder on psn for 30 euro. Id say will be 20 by the time Halloween comes around, ripe time for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This just released now, been looking forward to it but didn't thought it wasn't out for another while, definitely gonna be playing it this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the multiplayer looks ripe for online griefing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the multiplayer looks ripe for online griefing

Screw everyone. Last man standing! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bit wary of this. Reviews are saying the narrative is poor. I thought Until Dawn was terribly written but the bad writing was part and parcel of B Movie horror so managed to work inspite of itself. Probably wait until this is cheap or I have friends over.

Yeah I've read it isn't as good as until dawn so keep expectations low. Looks like it takes 3 -4 hours to complete but you have multiple playthroughs with different decisions.

Definitely gonna wait for inevitable Halloween sale before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

2nd installment, Little Hope, releases 30 October

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    2nd installment, Little Hope, releases 30 October

I still never played the first one, tempted with a recent sale but it just doesn't look great. Also watched an interview with the writers recently and it sounded like they really wanted to make an until dawn 2 but corps told them to write a new small separate games to make more money and you could tell the writers just weren't into that idea at all.

This new one looks much more interesting than the first though.

Advertisement