Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyEir app/Eir Sport app login/ Speed issues

Options
  • 21-08-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I have recently moved to Eir from Sky, expecting a better/reliable service, but it is a big disappointment so far. My broadband speed was around 50-60MB with Sky, since I moved to Eir the speed has never been over 30 MB, most of the time 15-20MB.
    How is this possible to get half the speed on the same infrastructure, which is owned by Eir?

I also have problems to login to see my account:
    - MyEir login via Chrome/Internet Explorer/Android: my password sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, locking me out from my account straight away. When I try to reset my password does let me me to do it.
    - MyEir App, couldn't log in, not even once.
    - Eir Sport, same as above, however I have free Eir Sport package for the first year.

Contacted chat/1901 on a numerous occasions, the answer was we are having technical difficulties, you should get your issues solved within 24-48 hrs. It is over a week now, since I contacted Eir first and no improvement, fix for my problem.

Could someone look into this?

Regards Simzoli

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

simzoli wrote: »
    Hi,

I have recently moved to Eir from Sky, expecting a better/reliable service, but it is a big disappointment so far. My broadband speed was around 50-60MB with Sky, since I moved to Eir the speed has never been over 30 MB, most of the time 15-20MB.
    How is this possible to get half the speed on the same infrastructure, which is owned by Eir?

I also have problems to login to see my account:
    - MyEir login via Chrome/Internet Explorer/Android: my password sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, locking me out from my account straight away. When I try to reset my password does let me me to do it.
    - MyEir App, couldn't log in, not even once.
    - Eir Sport, same as above, however I have free Eir Sport package for the first year.

Contacted chat/1901 on a numerous occasions, the answer was we are having technical difficulties, you should get your issues solved within 24-48 hrs. It is over a week now, since I contacted Eir first and no improvement, fix for my problem.

Could someone look into this?

Regards Simzoli
    Hi simzoli, 

I'm sorry to hear that your speeds are not what you expected, I understand this is frustrating. Our support team on 1890 260 260 will be able to troubleshoot with you to identify the issue and test the line for the maximum speed available. 

We are aware of issues with our my eir service at present, we are investigating this and will have it back up and running as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 23 simzoli

Thanks Tracey,

I will give them a call, but I still don't understand why I have to chase this as I am using the line, nothing changed, apart from the router. I should ge getting the same speed.

MyEir app, browser login, it is working for other people ( checked), but does not work for me. It is over a week and I am getting the same message every time, should be fixed with 24-48 hrs, but is hard to believe.

Regards Zoltan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I too am having a problem logging into MyEir - password not recognised, try to reset it and get an error "unfortunately we couldn't reset your password"

I haven't been able to log in successfully since I signed up last week or the week before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Haddock Thrower,

If you could PM me with the account ifnormation I'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

I sent you a pm on tuesday with my details to see if you could fix that I can,t log into myeir or eirsports.enquired yesterday again on here if you could help at all and still no reply.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi castlepoint,

We have been advised that the issue has been identified were customers that were unable to login needed to reset or select the forgotten password option after you enter your email address and set a new password.

Can you try this and let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement