Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M7 roadworks speeds vans from Monday

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Well I drive up through it the other night and two geniuses had managed to hit each other west bound.

I was east bound.

The queue behind them was growing exponentially.

With no hard shoulder and narrow lanes perhaps we cant be trusted to go any quicker even out of work hours.

Well I drive up through it the other night and two geniuses had managed to hit each other west bound.

I was east bound.

The queue behind them was growing exponentially.

With no hard shoulder and narrow lanes perhaps we cant be trusted to go any quicker even out of work hours.

Reminded me.
    When we did M1 Lusk services we got proper speed limit off gardai.

Taxi driver managed to hit the temporary barrier and somersault / roll over about 10 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Patww79 wrote: »
    They should really have only bothered widening outbound. Inbound is pointless.

Really?
    I used to commute to Dublin in 2016 and every morning the minute you hit the m9/m7 merge the traffic would be at a crawl from about 7am everymorning.

Took me an hour to get from the m9/m7 merge to the red cow.

It was badly needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Kill your speed,not my daddy.

Hard to kill your daddy at 6am on a Sunday morning when he's in bed !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Really?
    I used to commute to Dublin in 2016 and every morning the minute you hit the m9/m7 merge the traffic would be at a crawl from about 7am everymorning.

It was badly needed.

I can't see the inbound widening benefiting cars going as far as the M50 and beyond, during morning rush hour anyway, since it'll mean everyone will reach the potential bottlenecks (i.e. each junction) between Naas and the M50 quicker. Even with the throttling effect of the road works speed limits there at the moment, traffic backs up at multiple points inbound due Irish motorists inability to merge, their refusal to leave adequate distance between their car and that in front, incessant brake tapping, poorly designed merges and traffic volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Really?

It was badly needed.

I can't see the inbound widening benefiting cars going as far as the M50 and beyond, during morning rush hour anyway, since it'll mean everyone will reach the potential bottlenecks (i.e. each junction) between Naas and the M50 quicker. Even with the throttling effect of the road works speed limits there at the moment, traffic backs up at multiple points inbound due Irish motorists inability to merge, their refusal to leave adequate distance between their car and that in front, incessant brake tapping, poorly designed merges and traffic volume.
    it builds most days from kill or Johnston logistics straight threw to the redcow. I can see inbound getting worst once completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

it builds most days from kill or Johnston logistics straight threw to the redcow. I can see inbound getting worst once completed.

Yep.. as you say, it's already a mess from J7 inbound after it's widened to 3 lanes from J9. These works will just get the traffic there quicker and the M9 merge will still be a disaster with cars running into each other.

Outbound I reckon it'll just push the J9 chaos to the Carlow exit.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yep.. as you say, it's already a mess from J7 inbound after it's widened to 3 lanes from J9. These works will just get the traffic there quicker and the M9 merge will still be a disaster with cars running into each other.

Outbound I reckon it'll just push the J9 chaos to the Carlow exit.

Outbound it will surely help.
    Those of us heading cork or limerick usually fly after M9 traffic gone. So should help those 2 routes anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Outbound it will surely help.
    Those of us heading cork or limerick usually fly after M9 traffic gone. So should help those 2 routes anyway.

Those of us heading to Kilkenny Waterford fly along once the m7 traffic is gone!!!

coolisin wrote: »
    Those of us heading to Kilkenny Waterford fly along once the m7 traffic is gone!!!

Exactly. Sorry I never go that way. Some here are querying the need for this or I dunno looking for 4 lanes to their house.

Unfortunately though there is proof in civil engineering that the number of cars will simply increase once you increase capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Exactly. Sorry I never go that way. Some here are querying the need for this or I dunno looking for 4 lanes to their house.

Unfortunately though there is proof in civil engineering that the number of cars will simply increase once you increase capacity.

Nah I'm kidding the M9 ain't half as busy as the m7 my folks live in Roscrea so I know the m7 well.
    The merge is f**ked due to people being in the wrong lane until the last second.

Then either going coast to coast in the lanes which causes people to slam on or going flying up the "fast"lane slamming on to make a gap in traffic in the slow lane.

Road being at capacity is one thing, you cannot fix idiots which there is alot of.

Advertisement